Cooling SX-1250 inside tight cabinet

qguy

Is this enough cooling ?

Fan is blowing from back to front.

No other space right now, so I need to make this work. if not sufficient, where would I need to add fans ?

Attachments

• 2 fans and SX-1250.png
    2 fans and SX-1250.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 49
You need some kind of filter on the fans otherwise you'll be blowing dust into your 1250....

Personally I'd do everything I can to not have it in a tight cabinet...They are designed to be convection cooled, bottom to top. But it will be better than not having fans...

If it must be in an enclosure, force ventilate the complete enclosure instead of simply circulating the hot air around the receiver. An air inlet near the bottom of the cabinet with a dust filter mat and a slow/quiet fan exhausting the top of the cabinet (assisting convection) should solve it. That's how we ventilate VFDs, servodrives, and control enclosures, and it works very well. Disposable/washable polyester filter media can be found about anywhere:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/True-Blue-12-in-x-4-in-Electrostatic-FPR-2-Vent-Filter-VF412-1/100351384

Front and back of the cabinets are open. only top, left, right and bottom are closed. Will check out those filter media.

Just my opinion... I like air circulating around the room such as a ceiling fan, have several inches of clearance all the way around the 1250. Bought mine new in 1976 and I USE IT! No heat problems.

Back
Top Bottom