Cordless drill......

I have a De Walt, I've had it for almost 10 years, renovated a whole house with it...

about two years ago I dropped it accidentally into a foundation ditch full of water. When I noticed that it was gone and saw it at the bottom of the ditch I thought "so much for that drill"

I fished it out, pressed the trigger not expecting anything to happen, but what do you know...

...the drill spun out a bunch of water and continued to work as if nothing happened. I finished the addition and the drill still works (I just finished a second deck with it)

can't beat De Walt in my book (plus they look way cool...:banana:)

51GW3RFY8ZL._AA280_.jpg

A quick question for all the DeWalt owner .... How many of you have replaced the trigger switch on the drill ?
I have two Makita's (at least 10 years old)and never had a problem except a battery not charging once , but my sons 18v Dewalt thats 1/2 the age switch stopped working . .....$56.00 to replace and Dewalt told me that they get replaced all the time . (Next to brushes)

Barney

A quick question for all the DeWalt owner .... How many of you have replaced the trigger switch on the drill ?
I have two Makita's (at least 10 years old)and never had a problem except a battery not charging once , but my sons 18v Dewalt thats 1/2 the age switch stopped working . .....$56.00 to replace and Dewalt told me that they get replaced all the time . (Next to brushes)

Barney

Mine's original, but probably should have new brushes (makes an ozone smell). Mine is so old that maybe the trigger switch problem arose on newer models. I got mine (used) in the mid-90s, so it's at least 12 or 15 years old.

I just got a new 18v DeWalt hammer drill by default last night :banana: ! I needed a cordless sawzall, and when I went to Lowe's, they had a deal for $429 (on sale regularly $499) for a DeWalt package; 6 1/4 circular saw, Sawzall, and 1/2" hammer drill, with a flashlight, and TWO batteries! I added up retail on all that, and couldn't refuse the package deal. The 1/2" hammer drill alone is $350, sawzall $229, and circular saw $199. Although I didn't need the drill since my old 14.4 is fine, and I just got a new battery for it, but you can never have too many tools!

Charles

Barney

Mine have never given me a problem.

Well I've got $55 remaining on a Sears gift card so I think the 18 volt Craftsman Lithium-Ion is the route I will go. from what I can tell....same as the Ryobi.

Twitch, probably not a bad plan.

The Craftsman may actually be a DeWalt.

My 15 year old Craftsman Industrial corded drill appears to be the same drill as the Black & Decker Professional drill which also looks identical to the DeWalt corded drill (except for color).

The Craftsman may actually be a DeWalt. .

I think it's a Ryobi since the battery is Identical to the Li-Io Ryobi ones. (except output...18v vs. 19.2 on the Craftsman)

For $149 you get the compact driver/drill, two Li-io batteries, carry bag and an Am/Fm/Weather radio. For another $79 you can get a high capacity Li-Io battery and another charger.

Last edited:
Bosch

Maybe a little late to this thread, but here goes.

Got a little podunk construction company, but we use cordless drills daily, and hard. I've used Makita, Miluwake, Ryobi, and Bosch...and the Bosch is the best by far.

Never tried a Panasonic, or a cordless Dewalt, but you can't go wrong with a Bosch.

BTW, the Makita 7.25" worm drive saw is one hell of a saw...in ways better than the Skil M77, at least the newer ones. Although my rafter and stair saw is a Skil Mag 77.

Chas

Back
Top Bottom