Core Power Technologies EQ cords

KLH007

I bought one of their Equi=Core 300 models back in the summer of 2016. They advertise as if it's a power cord, but actually it's a Balanced Power transformer device with built in cords. The 300 in the name means I could only plug in 300 watts of equipment, so my preamp, DAC, and server got to try it out. Most of the power conditioners I've tried have some positive effect, but almost all truncate the dynamic excitement in music and make the experience less alive sounding. The first thing I noticed was the dynamics seemed to be wider and more alive sounding, a real surprise. The noise floor dropped and from the blacker background and more low-level details emerged which may be the reason the soundstage improved, both wider and deeper. The imaging was slightly better, a little more space and separation between instruments, especially jazz ensembles. As a shot in the dark, I took off the stereo gear and plugged the cable box and Vizio flat screen in, more surprising results, the colors appeared to be more saturated, visible noise was reduced, and the picture had a more 3-D look and just looked clearer. Recently they added some much bigger models that have 8 outlets on the back, and you have to supply the cord to the equipment. I'm getting one of the EQ1800 models so I plug in everything including my amps so my entire system will be sourced from one common box. I highly recommend trying one out, it's a no brainer as they give you a 30 day trial, and if you don't find big improvements, CPT pays shipping both ways so all you lose is some time setting it up. The CPT cords are built in the USA, Colorado.

Back
Top Bottom