Cornstock 2017 (Iowa/Midwest gathering) September 16

I'd totally drink that. I might even bring some Missouri Wild Persimmon Chardonnay - if anyone likes the dry stuff.

I'd totally drink that. I might even bring some Missouri Wild Persimmon Chardonnay - if anyone likes the dry stuff.
Love the dry stuff and really like Persimmon but never had it in a drink. Bring some with, looking forward to it!

We're about a month away. I've been working on setting up my tri-amped horn system on a car trailer so we can use it outside but still pull it in if there is the threat of rain. I naively thought this wouldn't be too big a deal. I'm waiting for a friend to help me with carrying the other 4560 upstairs since I had a hard getting one up by myself. I hope to strap everything down and test the system next week (a wonderful reason to try out a large outdoor boom box!).

I'm hoping to do a pot-luck/grilling lunch. I welcome anyone to bring a side or main dish to share but it certainly isn't required. I will make sure no one is hungry. Bring whatever music and gear you want to share. I'm really looking forward to seeing some AKers that I already know and meeting new ones! As the weekend gets closer, feel free to PM me for directions. Also, let me know if you would like to stay overnight and I will see how we can accommodate.

Well folks, here it is September, and I (for one) have no idea where in Iowa Cornstock is happening. Do we eventually get an address/map/directions?

Well folks, here it is September, and I (for one) have no idea where in Iowa Cornstock is happening. Do we eventually get an address/map/directions?

Anyone that is interested in coming to the gathering, please PM me and I will give you my address. Splat, you will have a PM shortly.

I think I'm gonna need a PM too, don't think I asked for one.

I'm really hoping to get up there, but was not able to recruit any local fellow travelers, so the drive is a tad daunting in light of other stuff happening. But it's been a crappy week so maybe I'll feel better by next week. :)

I think I'm gonna need a PM too, don't think I asked for one.

I'm really hoping to get up there, but was not able to recruit any local fellow travelers, so the drive is a tad daunting in light of other stuff happening. But it's been a crappy week so maybe I'll feel better by next week. :)
Sorry it's been a rough week, hoping next week is better for you.

Met a fellow AK'er over the weekend from Boone. Forgot his AK handle, but i believe he will be joining us at Cornstock as well.

Hey
I'm a thinking. Sounds like a good time. I have family in Centerville,Ia. And family farm/graves I haven't seen in yrs. In northern Missouri. Eric

Wow, i just joined AK! From Wloo area. Pretty new to think about this? But i love the idea. I am pretty new to the hobby, but love it, as even my 2 kids are into it. Been great.

Back
Top Bottom