Cornstock 2017 (Iowa/Midwest gathering) September 16

Waterloo is just down the road about and hour and a half from Melbourne.You ought to come on over.

I'm considering driving down from the Twin Cities (MN) for this event. I haven't been to an AK get together in a few years, so I think I'm experiencing some weird type of withdrawal. <grin>

Wow, i just joined AK! From Wloo area. Pretty new to think about this? But i love the idea. I am pretty new to the hobby, but love it, as even my 2 kids are into it. Been great.
Welcome! If you are free this weekend and have any interest, come on over. AK gatherings don't happen very often here in Iowa so I suggest you dive right in and meet a few of us. :) If you think you might come over, click on my name and use the "start conversation" feature to send me a message and I will give you directions. Hope you can make it!

I'm considering driving down from the Twin Cities (MN) for this event. I haven't been to an AK get together in a few years, so I think I'm experiencing some weird type of withdrawal. <grin>

Come on down neighbor! Pm me if you'd like directions.

A crowd of AKers pretty much reflects AK: glad to see you, slightly nerdy, possibly distracted listening to tunes and not very talkative at times. Generally very comfortable. I have only seen a few two-headed aliens and only one incident of actual cannibalism. :p You should come.

Which reminds me: I have some stick-on name tags and markers I can bring - mostly out of my own desperation as I'm terrible at names. AK handle on top and first name on the bottom helps everyone connect you to your online self.

Thought I'd bring a few tunes on CD if there's an opportunity to audition some favorites.

A crowd of AKers pretty much reflects AK: glad to see you, slightly nerdy, possibly distracted listening to tunes and not very talkative at times. Generally very comfortable. I have only seen a few two-headed aliens and only one incident of actual cannibalism. :p You should come.

Which reminds me: I have some stick-on name tags and markers I can bring - mostly out of my own desperation as I'm terrible at names. AK handle on top and first name on the bottom helps everyone connect you to your online self.

Thought I'd bring a few tunes on CD if there's an opportunity to audition some favorites.
Tox, great idea with the name tags. I was going to pick some up but if you have some you don't mind bringing, I appreciate it.

I definitely encourage everyone to bring some of their favorite tunes. I tested out the outdoor system yesterday, live concert recordings were a blast. I will have everything from a flea power coaxial system to a full on outdoor concert level system to test your favorite tunes on. I will also have a couple of areas available for everyone to rotate gear throughout the day.

A few thoughts... On Saturday, it's supposed to get into the upper 80s during the day and around 60 at night. I suggest bringing layers of clothes and perhaps a camp chair for sitting outside. I may have a few spares of things available but if you plan on bringing equipment, it may be a good idea to bring extra speaker wire/cables/power strip to make sure we have everything that's needed.

Food/beverages - We will grill for lunch and I encourage bringing a side to share. I'm planning on us eating the leftovers throughout the day. If you know you are staying for the duration, it never hurts to bring some extra snacks. I will provide some basic beverages (water, iced tea, soda etc...), if you would like something else feel free to bring some along. If there are any specific dietary needs, please let me know via pm in the next day or 2 and we will make sure to accommodate.

Please let me know ahead of time if you plan on camping overnight. There will be a porta-potty outside.

If there are any questions, go ahead and ask here or via PM.

Yea, I have some experience with AK crowds in the past here in the Twin Cities. I don't think I ever feared for my safety. I can say I survived meeting jaymanna in person once!

Come on down neighbor! Pm me if you'd like directions.

Thanks. I already have the address from a prior inquiry. I just made my hotel reservation in Marshalltown for the weekend. Now, I just need to figure out what audio goodies to bring along. <grin>

Thanks. I already have the address from a prior inquiry. I just made my hotel reservation in Marshalltown for the weekend. Now, I just need to figure out what audio goodies to bring along. <grin>

I realized right after I posted that I had already given you directions. I'm glad that you're going to make it!

I might take you up on camping out Sat. night, just because of the long drive back after a day of fun. I'd plan to pull out fairly early I reckon. If that works.

I might take you up on camping out Sat. night, just because of the long drive back after a day of fun. I'd plan to pull out fairly early I reckon. If that works.
You're more than welcome to. I'll show you some overnight options when you get here.

Wow, thx for the hospitality! Actually i am west of waterloo 20 minutes out by Dike, even closer i think. I will ck with the wife, kind of quick notice, but will ck and will pm you!

Wow, thx for the hospitality! Actually i am west of waterloo 20 minutes out by Dike, even closer i think. I will ck with the wife, kind of quick notice, but will ck and will pm you!
Well. Did you get the kitchen pass ?:D

Welp, I finally found those pesky name badge labels, and there are only 10 in the package. I'll stop by and get some more unless I hear different.

I'm driving part way tonight and will stay in Ottumwa. So probably arrive mid-morning.

Looks like 80% chance of rain on Sat. night now, so I think I'll wave off the camping and just head back toward Ottumwa for the night.

Tube tester is out and there will be apple pie. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it!

@tyella: So you will not feel left out, I'm bringing all the leftover abandoned junk off the swap table for ya. :p

Welp, I finally found those pesky name badge labels, and there are only 10 in the package. I'll stop by and get some more unless I hear different.

I'm driving part way tonight and will stay in Ottumwa. So probably arrive mid-morning.

Looks like 80% chance of rain on Sat. night now, so I think I'll wave off the camping and just head back toward Ottumwa for the night.

Tube tester is out and there will be apple pie. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it!

@tyella: So you will not feel left out, I'm bringing all the leftover abandoned junk off the swap table for ya. :p
I have indoor camping options, no need to go back to Ottumwa if you choose to stay.

Looking forward to meeting/seeing everyone!

Back
Top Bottom