Cornwall Version ID and Value Please

Killer Fox

Can someone please ID what version these are and how much you would you pay needing refinished 01515_firndsQqkYI_600x450.jpg 00f0f_aEQqQYYg1SH_600x450.jpg and new grill cloth.

Thank you!

I have a pair that are exactly the same, I think the are the Cornwall II. It seems pristine pairs go for around $1000 bucks I'm my area when they go up for sale. That's with new grill cloth, updated crossovers, and the tweeter mods.
I paid $1k for mine, but they are perfect, inside and out.

Cornwall II's don't use K77's do they?

Isn't CWII's tweeter a K-79 or something like that?

And, the midrange horn has an arc notched out of the bottom to clear the woofer in a Heresy? Maybe that's CW III.

Anywho, i think those are heritage CW I's.

EDIT: CWII all components are front mounted to the baffle, CWI they are all rear mounted to the baffle.

Klipsch_Cornwall_2a.JPG
742d1158417408-review-klipsch-cornwall-iii-vs-cornwall-i-cornwalli.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone please ID what version these are and how much you would you pay needing refinished View attachment 887059 View attachment 887060 and new grill cloth.

Thank you!
These are Cornwall l's. I have a pair of ll's and you can see the difference. As member bowtie has pointed out on the l's the drivers are mounted behind the face baffle while on the ll's you can see the rims of the drivers and the screws mounting them on the front of the face baffle. Also the velcro mounts for the grilles are mostly small round ones on the l while on the ll they are all big rectangular pieces. Then there's a patent date - the back of my ll's says 1986 - yours would have an earlier date. You're probably looking at $30 - $60 for cloth although I have no clue what refinishing will run you. I just saw a pair of l's last week @ CAM in about the same shape as your pic go for $1000. The ad was gone in about a week so I assume the guy got it no problem. A couple weeks before that a pair was going for $1500 mint. Again the ad was gone in a very short time. These are Canadian funds I'm quoting.

Last edited:
So yesterday I saw an ad on CL for these. I hadn't checked CL for weeks. Good timing. These had been posted two hours prior. I texted him and set up for this morning. He is only 2 miles from me. Went over this morning. He had them in use since he bought them so they were hooked up. Sounded great. He was asking $450. I offered $400. He looked at me with disdain and said 4 other people called yesterday and offered full price but couldn't get there until after the impending snow storm, so I paid $450. The speakers themselves are in perfect condition. Just need refinished due to fading and new grill cloth due to cats, as advertised.

They are CBR version as I said. Original boxes.

cornwalls.jpg

Last edited:
Don't refinish them too much... New grill cloth and a high grit sanding is all they should get. Raw birch, no finish. Do not apply one...

Don't refinish them too much... New grill cloth and a high grit sanding is all they should get. Raw birch, no finish. Do not apply one...

He said they have been refinished a couple times. It looks like a very translucent stain and is very faded on the tops. Shouldn't be hard to get back to raw.

BTW this is the only pair of Cornwalls I have ever seen for sale in my area. We don't live in a big metro area and there usually isn't much at all on CL.

Back
Top Bottom