Cornwall vs chorus 2

Willy6

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a chance to purchase a pair of Cornwalls for $1000 or chorus 2s for $850 both sets are in mint condition anyone wanna share their opinions on this?

anyone wanna share their opinions on this?

Since I paid $400 for my Cornwalls, I'd say it's a little pricey. I guess it depends on where you live, their age/condition (you said mint) and how often they come up for sale.

I'd say that you got a ridiculously good deal on your speakers, way below the average mean price which is closer to the above asking price.
That's why I made the reference to location and availability.

I live about 80 miles east of SF, and they were another hour east of here. People just seem to be afraid of driving very far for a deal.

Heck, my Khorns were on CL for two weeks at $1800 before I contacted the owner. Told her that I had told myself long ago that the only way I'd ever buy a pair is if I could get them for $1000. She told me to come and get them. Same deal - 1 1/2 hour drive east into the hills.

Khorns2.jpg

I live about 80 miles east of SF, and they were another hour east of here. People just seem to be afraid of driving very far for a deal.

Heck, my Khorns were on CL for two weeks at $1800 before I contacted the owner. Told her that I had told myself long ago that the only way I'd ever buy a pair is if I could get them for $1000. She told me to come and get them. Same deal - 1 1/2 hour drive east into the hills.

View attachment 1059256
Suh-weeeeet!

View attachment 1059256

You are setting unrealistic expectations here man! KHorns for $1000? Cornwalls for $400? I mean, hooray for you, and god bless, but that ain't happening again in this century!

You are setting unrealistic expectations here man! KHorns for $1000? Cornwalls for $400? I mean, hooray for you, and god bless, but that ain't happening again in this century!

Belles for $500. Excellent shape

Quartet's for $60

Cornwall's for $400

Live 70 miles north of San Francisco. Must be something in the water up here.

Those Khorns are beautiful by the way.

Prabably Hot

Ha! That's funny!

Although I did get a darn near perfect set of '78 WO Klipschorns about 9 years ago for $500. Guy even had the original gallon of Watco Danish Oil that he bought with them. Crazy. I hated having to sell them when I moved from TX back in 2009. Only had them for less than a year. In hindsight, I should have had my best friend come down from AR and pick them up and bring to his house.

Prabably Hot

Nah, the Belles were owned by a retired military gentleman who was moving to a smaller home. His daughter/niece, don't recall which, was selling them on Craigslist overwhelmed by the response at that price. By the time I called she told me she had multiple suitors already. Told her I understood and if things didn't work out for some reason I would be more than happy to show up with cash and wished her good luck with the sale.

Evidently she ran into some strange folks.Called me back that evening and told me if I could come by the next day they were mine. Met them both an hour away. When I showed up her Dad/ uncle asked me what I was going to do with them and I told him I liked Klipsch speakers and was going to take care of them for a long time. He knew what he was selling. I suppose he was just looking for someone he thought would enjoy them rather than flip them. Not a ding on them.

Quartet's, Goodwill. Never seen anything close to them there since.

Cornwall's, in a doctors garage one town up. Had seen better days but sanded them down as best I could and did some updating. In my office upstairs.

He knew what he was selling. I suppose he was just looking for someone he thought would enjoy them rather than flip them.

Similar story here. The lady I bought the Khorns from had bought them for her husband shortly before they got married. He was working on their property up in the foothills when his tractor rolled over and killed him. She kept them for some time, but decided to remodel the home, and there just wasn't a place for them. She even had second thoughts about letting them go, but after meeting my wife and I and seeing I wasn't planning on flipping them, she let them go.

I told her if she ever had a change of heart, she could come and get them back. She smiled and said that wouldn't happen.

It all depends on the vintage of the Cornwalls and the conditions of both units crossovers.

opinions on this?

I like both.

Condition, location and phase of the moon seems to affect the prices. What is the condition of the wood, how tired are the covers, what music do you listen to, etc...? Neither one are something pass on if the price was right. In this case, the price isn't one that is a great deal, but if they are in excellent condition with fresh crossovers, then that price is not too high.
As someone mentioned, the Chorus II will need some space out of the corner, so if that's an issue... If the price and condition were equal and if I didn't already have 2 pair, I would go with Chorus II.

Back
Top Bottom