Could use some prayers, well wishes, etc.

Thank you all - without going into too much detail she was really good for a year and a half and I think that what the surgeon wants to do will get her back to that place. Hardest part for me is just going to be getting up early enough to be at Hopkins by 0530... but hopefully she'll be home by Monday or Tuesday and things can get back to normal.

You all should hope she gets better, I know some of you DC area locals have met her and she's beyond supportive of audio nerdery, she's actually started to get into it and has gone to at least one of the AK GTGs and one of the local FB group ones.

Dude, if you have to stay up all night it will be worth it to be a help for her now. Just get up a hour or so earlier then you think is needed, drink a cup of coffee and get ready. Worst case you spend a few minutes on the net or watch some TV because of the extra time.

I for one like getting somewhere early seems less stressful. Plenty of time to park find you room and so on....

Barney

you're not wrong, I'm just bitching because I have to work tomorrow, I'm hoarding all my PTO/working weekends when there's MD appointments in the middle of the week/etc. for when I really need it because last year I used every single bit of it on necessary stuff and ended up with only a couple days at the end of the year to take off around Christmas. Sucks, but as you say, you gotta do what you gotta do. If she turned down this slot she'd probably not have another one for 2-3 months. I was actually smart yesterday, she needed some imaging done pre-op and it had to be done up in White Marsh (north of Baltimore) since the storm was coming in I told her to call and see if they had a free slot yesterday (it was supposed to be done this AM) left work around 1:30, picked her up, drove three hours in miserable weather to make that happen, so yeah, after that, this is gonna happen one way or another.

Oh, yeah, and my boss is great. I'd have been fired from my last job by now. So I have that going for me.

Did not know that, sounds tough and an added hurdle to deal with.

Will be another of many pulling for the best outcome.

Barney

Count me in on continued prayers for y'all. Looking forward to the positive news.

you're not wrong, I'm just bitching because I have to work tomorrow, I'm hoarding all my PTO/working weekends when there's MD appointments in the middle of the week/etc. for when I really need it because last year I used every single bit of it on necessary stuff and ended up with only a couple days at the end of the year to take off around Christmas. Sucks, but as you say, you gotta do what you gotta do. If she turned down this slot she'd probably not have another one for 2-3 months. I was actually smart yesterday, she needed some imaging done pre-op and it had to be done up in White Marsh (north of Baltimore) since the storm was coming in I told her to call and see if they had a free slot yesterday (it was supposed to be done this AM) left work around 1:30, picked her up, drove three hours in miserable weather to make that happen, so yeah, after that, this is gonna happen one way or another.

Oh, yeah, and my boss is great. I'd have been fired from my last job by now. So I have that going for me.

You probably already know this but just in case you don't you can use FMLA for your absences. I've saw it abused by many but it's very helpful for those who really need it. Prayers sent and I hope everything turns out OK.

Hey
Sorry to hear of your struggles. I hope it goes well friday.
Keep us in the loop. I'm rooting for y'all. Eric
Oh yeah fmla (For My Lazy Ass).:D

It's showtime... I like this surgeon. Waking up at 0230 and realizing it's too late to go back to sleep not so much. On the upside there's much less traffic on I-95...

It's showtime... I like this surgeon. Waking up at 0230 and realizing it's too late to go back to sleep not so much. On the upside there's much less traffic on I-95...
We will be thinking of you both today. Thoughts and Prayers your way.

Prayers & positive thoughts passed your way. I’m a great believer in positive affirmation! It’s been statistically proven!

Back
Top Bottom