Could you live with these

Those are ghastly.
200px-SirGraves.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously now, just for conversations sake... price no option... what if they sounded absolutely perfect for any kind of music in any room... sounded exactly like it was there in front of you and you could walk around the sound stage with total realism, could not tell the difference if your eyes were closed.... rock band, full orchestra, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Sarah Brightman, Moran Tabernacle choir, a streaming diesel train... whatever... and you still wouldn't want them because they are 'ugly'... or would you still think them ugly after 'living' with them a while, like for a couple of minutes. They are rather unusual looking but if they had 'the sound' I do believe they would become a lot more attractive, and quickly. It would redefine the term beer glasses... performance glasses if you will. Or like the line in that song... Never make a pretty woman your wife... ya, she's ugly but she sure can cook.

Seriously now, just for conversations sake... price no option... what if they sounded absolutely perfect for any kind of music in any room... sounded exactly like it was there in front of you and you could walk around the sound stage with total realism, could not tell the difference if your eyes were closed.... rock band, full orchestra, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Sarah Brightman, Moran Tabernacle choir, a streaming diesel train... whatever... and you still wouldn't want them because they are 'ugly'... or would you still think them ugly after 'living' with them a while, like for a couple of minutes. They are rather unusual looking but if they had 'the sound' I do believe they would become a lot more attractive, and quickly. It would redefine the term beer glasses... performance glasses if you will. Or like the line in that song... Never make a pretty woman your wife... ya, she's ugly but she sure can cook.
They actually look like they are perfect for playing Sarah Brightman.

Front door says Casa Wildcat, not Casa Liberace. :D I think our city has an ordinance about this sort of thing. It might scare the rats away, though. I'd also have to bring them into the house during the dead of night; the neighbors would think I'm off my meds, or that I forgot to get my free yearly eye exam. Plus, the laughing might wake up other neighbors.

It's like women. Some are a two-bagger. A bag for over her head, and a bag for mine in case hers falls off.

So, no. I still couldn't live with them. Even if they sounded like everything I ever wanted, and sprinkled magic fairy dust throughout the room while I was listening.

Does that thing come with its own butler, and can of furniture polish?

Yeah, I think I would. I can always close my eyes while listening to music. I could also make a curtain of acoustically transparent speaker grill fabric. :biggrin:
On another note, imagine telling someone you can play the harp really well, standing next to it making it look like you can play, and turning on something like the Beastie Boys... I don't like them but that'd be the last thing I'd expect to come out of a harp. :)
The worst part is I'm really gullible and would probably think they could actually play the beastie boys. ;)

Well, you have to consider that this discussion is limited only to their appearance since none of us has heard them. So I'll grant you that they may sound terrific, and if I found em at an estate sale for cheaper than their sound indicated, I might actually buy them (okay, probably not LOL). But we're not talking about that. We don't even have an account of their sound from a single person other than the seller, which doesn't count. We know nothing of the contents other than a brand for the drivers and that the crossovers are 'custom'.

Sounds like some of us would not have them in the house no matter how good they sounded! :rflmao:

All kidding aside... assuming they sound good, assuming they sound very good... the craftsmanship appears to be excellent... in the right setting, those white marble looking columns are a good start, add a few palms and some brass, maybe marble floor and a beautiful grand piano in another corner, large fireplace between the pair, appropriately high ceiling, large draped window opening to a panoramic view of an ocean scene overlooking cliffs and wave washed outcroppings. With that in mind I could very easily find them attractive and appropriate, especially when Sarah or Enya drop by for an evening of wine and song.

Back
Top Bottom