1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Couple questions about L96's...

Discussion in 'The Lansing Legacy' started by DerekSmalls, Sep 26, 2018.

1. DerekSmalls

DerekSmalls AK Subscriber Subscriber

Bought a pair of sequential numbered L96's with junk chinese woofers and one blown 044 tweeter. Didn't know about the 044 being bad and I'm looking for a replacement. The mids are all good and everything powers up.

The question is, I have a possibility of picking up a pair of NOS 2123's locally to replace the long gone LE10-H1's. Is this a straight swap? No crossover issues or modifications needed?
    Also, and way worse, is that somebody hacked up the cabinets by jigsawing the speaker opening to get these crappy woofers into the cabs.
    I'll post pictures soon to get your opinions. Some people would probably just junk these speakers but I really dig em already and I always wanted a pair.

Sorry I'm a huge noob at this but I'll be damned if the audio bug hasn't got me bad.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. DerekSmalls

3. DerekSmalls

4. DerekSmalls

and of course I need the tweeter screens and the grills. Not panhandling here, just new to the obsession. Must fix broken things!

and my 71 Challenger is in paint and body hell so this is my 'me time' project dammit!

(sigh)

5. Macaroonie

Macaroonie Member

Looks like you are heading towards L112 territory
    Research L112 The bass driver is 128H.
    Check out 112 mods etc on Troels Graverson. site
    044 tweets can be found.
    Crossover is the same in 96 & 112 but the port wil most likely be different.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018