Cover version that you like better than the original?

There was a simular thread a few months back..so many good covers
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Judas Priest Diamonds and Rust
Foghat It Hurts Me Too and Chevrolet
Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas songs
Ike and Tina Turner Proud Mary
Tina Turner Acid Queen
Heart Unchained Melody
Eric Clapton Cocaine
Elize Hot Stuff
Venus Hum and Blue Man Group I Feel Love

I’m forgetting some

All of these should be heard at quality volume on quality gear.

Manfed Mann--all of bands--doing a superior job on Blinded by the Light. Nazereth with this flight tonight is another. Another great effort is Traffic with John Barleycorn Must Die--a traditional song from the 14th century.

Another interesting collaboration type one is Stereolab/nurse with wound doing an update of Neu's Hallogallo. They certainly pulled it off. Or Mas Y Mas doing Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi.

Another interesting collaboration type one is Stereolab/nurse with wound doing an update of Neu's Hallogallo. They certainly pulled it off. Or Mas Y Mas doing Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi.[/QUOTE said:
I live quite close to one of Nurse with Wounds collaborators,Andrew Liles,I bump into him often in my local pub,a very interesting man and very polite with it.
He once explained to me how CDs are vastly superior to vinyl in sound.
It would cause holy hell on some sub forums on here.

Dusty's song....

Son of a Preacher Man written for her, and a lot of women cover it. I'v always like the way she did it...

But then Joss?

But I think my favorite is now

Sarah Connor - Son Of Preacher Man

Many I can think of, but I REALLY prefer this version to the Eagles' version. It isn't even close.

Since I cannot find a full version on Youtube, I'll go with this one:

Here's one I found more recently. Though I like Ricky Nelson's version, I think Las Ondas Marteles does him one better. (Their version of Suzy Q also is first rate.)

Back
Top Bottom