Cover version that you like better than the original?

I've replied to this oft-asked question before, always with the same answer.

"Everybody Knows" as performed by Concrete Blonde. Their version of the Cheap Trick song "Mandocello" is pretty damned good too.

I bought this record for the cover alone,I think most have done that at some point,I had no knowledge of the singer,this track was on the LP.

Before I forget,a youthful Eddy Grant.
Or this,

I carn't decide on this one.

Footnote.
I was at school and there was a few gigs coming up,limited funds,I had to decide on which ticket to buy,Motorhead at Manchesters' Free Trade Hall,or The Clash at Manchester Apollo,I went for Motorhead,and to this day I wonder if I made the right choice.
The classic lineup of Motorhead was good though.

Last edited:
Hard to judge a cover of a Steven Foster song against the original, but this was recorded for the period TV drama "Copper"

I picked up a good copy of Nina Simone At Newport today,its a Marble Arch 1969 UK reissue,the dealer is usually quite keen on his prices,this one wasn't ticketed."Give me £2",shocked I did.
My thoughts tracked to Wild As The Wind,I first came across it when I heard Bowies version.

And this,

I've smoked some seriously good stuff to this and I dearly hope Simon Cowell does not latch onto this version as I might go into a spasm.

This sounds terrible via youtube but on vinyl its so rich especially the drumming and the guitar picks.
It was sampled to good effect and the video is wrong on all levels.
I was luck to get hold of this cd,

Back
Top Bottom