CR-1000 new volume pot and FM tuner

sssboa

I have installed a NOS volume pot into my CR-1000, same specs and producer only not audio (it's linear) and step. To be exact it measured a bit more than 100kohm stamped on it while the original measured a bit less than 100kohm.
The NOS pot works great with AUX inputs, channels are more balanced at low volumes, of course it gets louder quicker as it's linear but with no distortion.

I testet FM tuner though and I cannot attenuate volume to zero, at the zero position I have considerable level of sound without any distortion, when I go just a little bit louder I have distortion of sound if the signal is in stereo. I don't have any of these problems with AUX sources. The radio signal is strong enough, I tested with other receivers, also my other CR-1000 :) with original volume pot.

But the truth is I never used FM tuner much, I just received an antenna same day and I am wondering if it must be the volume pot problem. Unfortunatelly I changed some caps on tuner board just day before.

What do you think, is it possible that a volume pot works perfect with sources aux/tape etc but causes problems with FM tuner?

Can an issue on FM board cause the volume to be impossible to attenuate to zero with volume potentiometer?

Obviously I could solder the original pot back and check but it's a bit of bother, also I could sacrifice radio in favour of better listening experience to AUX sources at low volumes with the NOS pot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom