CR-2020 meters not working/ bulbs out

vinyl fiend

The SPL meters don't work accurately. When in the phono stage, if I jiggle the tuner knob they will twitch a little bit. Also, even if I go to %50 volume, the meters only show like 1 watt output. I'm not sure if it the meters or the power output itself. I just had the service bulletin upgrade done for the relay. also, the spl meter bulbs are out. I'm not sure if this affects other things in the chain. Thanks

Clean the SP Out / Signal Q meter switch. Then make sure its in the SP out position. Normal operation you have to crank up at least .5 watts to get the meters to start moving. Using efficient speakers .5 watts is pretty loud.

Last edited:
With the meter bulbs out about the only thing that may happen . Is a pop in the speakers at power down.

Power meters may need to be adjusted as well. Page 12 of the service manual.

Thank you for your help avionic. I noticed you changed your avatar. Can you tell me what is signal q? What is FM blend? what is OTS? Thanks again, I don't have the manual, but the unit is sounding very nice. Yamaha YP-D71 - Stanton 681 EEE - Hartley Concertmaster

It's too bad the 2020 doesn't have a mid-range control. Is the loudness knob supposed to attenuate the volume so drastically? I find I can cut the mids a little bit by attenuating the presence control. I say this, because my speakers are a bit mid-range heavy. The loudness control seems to be pretty useless.

Well, I've thoroughly read the manual from front to back. I did, admittedly skip the AM reception section. I understand how the loudness control works now. You set the receiver to a higher listening volume, say maybe a Friday afternoon level, and use the loudness control for quieter, more intimate times. kind of unique.

ET phone home.
e025.gif

Back
Top Bottom