CR-640 selector shaft broken?

Puddintane

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Is this white plastic part that fits around the selector shaft on my CR-640 broken? As you can see, it's the same on both shafts. If yes, is it fixable? Or is it okay as it is?

37648173991_267415e2cb_h.jpg

Hello
Don't worried , this is normal after so many years . Many are like this today . They are just open not broken in two pieces .

Hello
Don't worried , this is normal after so many years . Many are like this today . They are just open not broken in two pieces .

I tried putting a little pressure on them with some needle nose pliers to see if they would squeeze back together, but they didn't really move at all. I don't know if I could even super glue them together if I wanted to. I'd probably have to replace the whole thing if I need to do.

Those nylon pieces are just for the stops. To prevent you from tuning the shaft beyond there limit and possibly damaging the switch. 99% of the time they all look like yours, cracked.

If you are worried about the cracks you could use glue and heat shrink tube of suitable size to prevent that they will fall apart completely one day.

They are probabaly nylon and won’t glue.

If it’s working, leave them alone.
Messing with them may make the situation worse.

Back
Top Bottom