CR-640 YAMAHA - current value?

ArthurDent

I'm new to the forum and hope this is an acceptable question. I am interested in a Yamaha CR-640 receiver just listed on CL with this description: Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Receiver, MODEL # CR-640 YAMAHA 1980 Wood Cabinet, Low hours of use, in storage for 30 years, cleaned and ready. $75.00 firm

Just curious if this is a good price point for this receiver and whether there are things I should be aware of or should listen for when evaluating. Thanks for your consideration.

Sounds like a decent price for a clean, working receiver. Make sure both channels are equivalent. Check the temp. Check the lamps and all controls/inputs. Check the tuning and signal meters. Bring headphones if you can. I have one and would not sell it for that price, but that's me. GL!

And I've got a CR-840 that I'd value over $100, so $75 seems in line for the slightly smaller CR-640.

Mine was in very good cosmetic condition when I got it, and I just had to replace the dial lights and DeoxIT the controls. It's been working beautifully for years now. Note that these have woodgrain vinyl cabinets, not actual wood.

I'm new to the forum and hope this is an acceptable question. I am interested in a Yamaha CR-640 receiver just listed on CL with this description: Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Receiver, MODEL # CR-640 YAMAHA 1980 Wood Cabinet, Low hours of use, in storage for 30 years, cleaned and ready. $75.00 firm

Just curious if this is a good price point for this receiver and whether there are things I should be aware of or should listen for when evaluating. Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks for the feedback. I waited a bit too long and it was snatched up. Too bad. The search continues!

Back
Top Bottom