CR620 where are the 2SC458s

tnmorrow

Good Morning,
I am in hopes someone has worked on a CR620 recently. I have service manual and for the life of me cannot find TR707 and TR708 which are the 2SC458 transistors. I don't know if there was an upgrade but this odd that I can't find either or markings, or the little nasty tombstones anywhere. All input is welcome!
tnmorrow

Good Morning,
I am in hopes someone has worked on a CR620 recently. I have service manual and for the life of me cannot find TR707 and TR708 which are the 2SC458 transistors. I don't know if there was an upgrade but this odd that I can't find either or markings, or the little nasty tombstones anywhere. All input is welcome!
tnmorrow
On the CR-820 there are 2 mounted against the frame by the outputs. There is a copper metal strip pressing against them. I had to disassemble the outputs then that frame piece since the frame wraps around to form a lip and prevent removal. Maybe others more skilled have been able to get to them without all of that. It’s fairly involved including unmounting the transformer. I haven’t looked, but I’m guessing it’s the same with the 620.

I have service manual and for the life of me cannot find TR707 and TR708 which are the 2SC458 transistors.

Hello tnmorrow

not necessary to replace these 2SC458 .
Many place on the web recommend to replace the cursed 2SC458 . This is stupid ! don't copy what the other do . Follow advises from good AK members

Found them what an odd place but right under my nose and labled. Thank you very much. I had the whole end off for the capacitors under the transformer and really wasn't looking forward to doing that again. I just took my time and got some ksc1845 in there. Bias wasnt off much and she is cool and quite. Sounds great! Thanks again!!
tnmorrow

Back
Top Bottom