Craft Beer anyone?

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by genone, Feb 2, 2019.

1. genone

genone Active Member

Another disgusting concoction from Sixpoint Brewary...

[​IMG]

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Harvestor

Harvestor Super Member

If I ever get these Rifles sold ...I will make the Road Trip from Michigan to buy those Ohm I off you!...
    Lol
    Good Picture!.....
    Beer looks like while cloud

3. teal'c

teal'c Moomber Subscriber

So you keep buying them why?

4. rmeade

rmeade Super Member

Because the second one tastes better than the first, then eventually I forget how bad the first one tasted.

5. olson_jr

olson_jr Lossless, compared to what? Subscriber

So did you notice the Coconut notes?

Sabro provides an incredible coconut note, Cashmere brings a soft, delicate complexity, and Idaho 7 brings potency and depth. Dip a toe in—dare to DABBLE

6. pliskin

pliskin Active Member

I love beer of all kinds however the other day a buddy of mine and I went to a 4 different brew pubs in my town. I'd say over half of them tasted like bongwater. A couple of them where so bad I almost couldn't drink them. These places are popping up all over the place and I have to question some of their brewing abilities. I felt like dirt for 2 days after. It really turned me off on micro/craft brews.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    petes'picks likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. petes'picks

petes'picks Well-Known Member

I have to agree with pliskin. The kicker is they are asking $9 to $15 a 6 pack to fund their brewing experiments. I can purchase a beer from Belgium brewed by Monks for the same price as the startups within 2 miles of my home are trying to charge. I only try new ones now if they are in my stores build your own six pack section.

8. pliskin

pliskin Active Member

Way to many chocolate, coffee, coconut, stout brews. Horrible barn hay wheats. Disgusting cloudy unfiltered pilsners and green tea toilet water. Gods honest truth I would rather drink warm Budweiser from a toilet than drink crap beer a wannabe brewmaster whips up in his garage brewery. Its a shame because just a few years ago there was some good beer out there. Now its all about catering to a bunch of beer snobs that sit on leather couches and sip beer from funny shaped glasses for $5 a pop. They don't know a damn thing about beer. Funny thing is I see older folks take a sip and send some of this crap right back. If you see someone with an unfinished taster in front of them ask what it was before you order.

I'm having dry heaves right now thinking about what I drank the other night. Where is my Natural Ice? Listen to your stomach and never drink from a beer menu if its to dark to read it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 1:32 PM
  9. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

Three Floyds Gumball Head for me.
    Munster, Indiana
    They know what’s up.

Haven’t had a Bell’s Hop Slam in a while.

10. Brianito

Brianito Active Member

If you like adjunct lager like Bud, Natural Ice, etc you aren't going to like the vast majority of ales, particulary if you've already judged them to be for snobs - which is a decidedly snobby thing to do. As for too many of this style or that, no one is forcing anyone to buy or try anything. I have certain breweries I love and ones I avoid. There are also the in-between breweries where I'll happily try something new, but their success rate with me might be in the 70/30 area. Complaining about too much choice in the beer world is clearly a First World problem. Drink what you like and let others do the same.

I will, however, agree that a brewery 15 minutes away pricing their retail bottles 15-25% higher than some that come from across the country, or even world, is patently ridiculous. I refuse to give them my patronage - looking at you, Yazoo in Nashville.