Craigslist find

Rockytop

Found this Sansui 5000X and a pair of Pioneer HPM 40's on my local Craigslist last weekend. All cleaned up pretty nicely. The receiver had a little noise in the volume pot and the tuner string had some slippage. Got both issues fixed pretty easily. The seller knew what he had, but I was able to get out all for $260.

Planning on using this as a bedroom setup. Oh, and, hello from a two year lurker, and first time poster.

Attachments

• IMG_1578.JPG
    IMG_1578.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 198
Very nice bedroom system. If haven't already, use an auxiliary input from your smart phone for music...sounds nice. Or add a bluetooth Dac to your receiver.
I similarily have a simple vintage system in a spare room (Pioneer receiver and Fried bookshelf speakers) I plan on adding a bluetooth Dac like the StarTech or similar. Just using the headphone output from my phone to Aux input on receiver.

Last edited:
I have a sansui 5000x that i love. A while back I had to get some work on my marantz 2275 and used the 5000x in place for a couple of weeks. i really hated to pull it out. I am trying to figure out the best place to use it now since I really like that little receiver but already have 2 systems set up. For the little bit of money it would bring I don't think I will ever sell it.

Back
Top Bottom