Crank it Up Today Because.......

"I would, I would!" Pete pleaded.
Darn-tootin' I'd like to hear it on Toasted's he-man rig!
Wouldn't hear it better less'n it was live, that's what I say.
Mebbe at djronc's with TWO pair of the Amazing Platinum's, but I don't think he's pushing 'em with a kilowatt per side ... :eek:

I thought everybody knew how good he was?
The good, they die too young.

You did it!

This post got me to hook up my TT and listen to 'Apostrophe'. My wife asked me to hook it up a month ago, at least. Cleaned and dusted my gear about three months ago and left the TT in a box....

"Over-nite Sensation' is next....

RobV

"The Maestro" did it friend, not me. You just forgot he was there. Waiting. Play Montana, and 50-50 for me. LOUD. As crazy as it is, he's giving you HIS whole story on 50-50.

Toasted Almond

TA -

No dis' intended to your Carver's and arc-welder's, but I'd say that I'd probably still prefer the big REL's sound. Cleaner, more accurate, more like the real thing IMHO, especially from the start of low bass (40Hz) on down.

Remember - I had it XO'ed at 28Hz, so those 600W+ peaks were concentrated in the Earthquake Zone. When coupled with the mid- and upper-bass response of the Nautilus 803's (2 x 7" per side)which were driven by the 225W of tube power per side that I had- it was something to behold. :alien: O Hail Yass!

Tho' I'm sure you can move more sheer air volume with the 3 or 4 12" units in each of the Amazing's. :yes: :cool:

I've had a slew of subs, active and passive, and none of 'em could touch what the Sten III can do, with the possible exception of the old powered Entec LF-series (I had a pair of LF-20's), and the passive Kinergetcs SW-800's I had with my CLS IIa 'stats. The SW-800's I drove with a pair of Lazarus H1A mono's and an ARC EC22 active X-over, and that was a bass rig that kicked ALL serious forms of ass!. It could move massive air and be accurate. (4 x 10" per side) Uber Bass! :smoke:

I've always found almost any sub doesn't do its best if putting out much above 80Hz or so. At that point, to me it's not a "sub" woofer any more, it's just a woofer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom