Crankiing it?

When do you crank it 90+ DB's?

• Always, no matter the time.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Everyday, but have to respect the noise by-law.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Only when the wife/gf not home.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Only when nobody's home.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Only on weekends

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I never get to crank it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My bedroom setup can produce 500 watts RMS/ average/continuous power.
Call it what you want.

125X4.

I can see DB levels way higher then you mention though. I rock hard, but not as often as I used to years ago. I can't afford new ears. :no:

I play my rig at just under clipping level 75 percent of the time. Tough to hear the telephone or door knocks at that level, so I have no idea as to whether there are any compliants.
Vito

rek50 said:
5 acre lot, 200'+ from street, 200'+ to nearest neighbor, a Wife that likes "Our" music at any volume that suits the "Mood". Play that funky music white boy as loud as you want...

Really? What exactly does YANNI sound like when cranked??? :scratch2:

Jeff

when im listing to my main system i cant help myself, i didnt build it up to liston to it at lower levles it sounds soooo good at a higher end. i dont have a db meter, dont need one. i do beleave my two au717's are up there though. as far as bothering anybody, i useally wait untell the wife and kidds arnt home. but there are times when im in the mode and they bear with me. i do live in the country but do have neighbors, but they never complaned. did ask one of them one time if it was a bother, she said they didnt even notice, music to my ears...rock on.........x37tuna........

I might just get out AND PLAY the 'ol Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars LP........... it says on the back "TO BE PLAYED AT MAXIMUM VOLUME".

Once in a while, but there are usually others around so I don't crank it. I absolutely despise yelling over the music to talk to someone, and overly loud music is distracting to me when I'm working. It also sets my ears to ringing loudly and annoyingly for many hours so its generally not worth the trouble.

When my neighbor below me decides to start singing her Disney tunes loud enough I can hear them through the floor.

Time to put on some Meat Loaf or something...

I like my ears. So, rarely. Mostly above 80-85 db for demonstration purposes (I win the "how loud can your stereo go" contest in my neighborhood).

My main system is in the basement.So really cranking it up is just barely audible outside the house.So I have no problems cranking it whenever I get the urge.:thmbsp:

Dave

Ditto. No problems here. My house is fairly new and mainly brick. It seems to insulate well from the outside. I played it at a loud volume and went outside to check just how loud it was. Doesn't seem too bad at all, really. Not enough for the cops to show up...that's for sure.

No option to answer poll..

Server issue? I can only see the results, no way to select a choice

Anyway.. as I point up to the picture.. wished I could push the true potential.. No idea how loud 90+ db is, but at what I guess to be about 1/3 of the potential clipping levels, INSANELY loud and chest pounding in the room, standing at the street 45 yards or so away, with the windows and doors closed, it sounds like I'm standing in the living room at a comfortable level.. :no: I do have some respect for my neighbors.. :yes: ( :dammit: )

Always stick to my 75dB pink noise setting at my regular hearing position no matter what. Only when the recordings are low do I somewhat compensate, with today's CDs, its usually the opposite, they are way too much doctored and loud and distorted by any standards.

I usually only get to crank it when no one is else is home.. and my neighbor's high school son cranks his tunes.. so I guess his mom won't mind if I crank mine now and then too. :banana:

Loud for me is around 93 to 96db. and I don't usually play music that loud very often.

Even when nobody's home, I do not crank it as loud as many folks I know (especially other mobile DJs). I have to play music loudly often during my DJ events. I really want to be able to enjoy music when I am old and decrepit.

Loud as I want, practically anytime. I have a renter in the basement, so I try not to pound during sleeping hours, but he's NEVER complained. My drums travel through the house more than the stereo~

There's an definately advantage to being single and living in your own house... :guitar:

Amen !!!

After 23 years of mariage, divorce was the best thing to happen to me! My sex life is fantastic now and I never have to hear those three words again, "Turn it down"! :banana:

Back
Top Bottom