crap Crap CRAP!!!

iambiglou

I was just finishing up installing a new switch and new lamps on my 2230.. I was almost done - just needed to resolder the resistor behind the lamp panel...

As I'm soldering all of a sudden I realize that I had gotten a little too close to the tuner line.... I pulled away - crap - I check it and it's a little dark... Maybe it's ok..

I move the tuning disk and nothing's moving - Crap!

I manually move it a bit and all of a sudden the tuner line breaks at the heated weak point... CRAPPPP...

So now I have a working switch and all lights work... but the tuner is out until I can figure out how to fix it - or most likely send it in to get fixed...

Anyone know where to get the tuner line? Is this a do it yourself job or best left to professionals?

Do a search in this forum for restringing or tuning string and you will get quite a few posts with the info you will need. Your not the first to do it.!!!!!!!!

If you have not touched it yet, don't until you can get pictures of the wraps and routes of the line. Sansui puts the tuner routes in there manual but I do not know about Marantz. Every tuner line I have seen is nothing more than braided Dacron fishing line, which is still available. The question would be what test is it? From what I have seen I would guess #20 pound test. Take a piece of it to a well supplied tackle shop and compare it to what they have in stock. I am certain there are also other alternatives.

I was just finishing up installing a new switch and new lamps on my 2230.. I was almost done - just needed to resolder the resistor behind the lamp panel...

As I'm soldering all of a sudden I realize that I had gotten a little too close to the tuner line.... I pulled away - crap - I check it and it's a little dark... Maybe it's ok..

I move the tuning disk and nothing's moving - Crap!

I manually move it a bit and all of a sudden the tuner line breaks at the heated weak point... CRAPPPP...

So now I have a working switch and all lights work... but the tuner is out until I can figure out how to fix it - or most likely send it in to get fixed...

Anyone know where to get the tuner line? Is this a do it yourself job or best left to professionals?

.....................................................................................
Please, see if this site will help you:
http://www.jmargolin.com/marantz/marantz.htm

Good luck,
Pery

thanks guys -

the links are great... I've also scoured AK and hopefully I'll be able to get it working soon.

I've ordered some dial cord and will get cracking on it when it comes in...

Back
Top Bottom