Crazy jbl l100s/t mod?

liteagilis

I have the vinyl jbl l100s's and a set of 8ohm 2405h's. What are the odds that using a jubal crossover in that cabinet w the new 2405's will work ?

Completely different model than the later L100T floor stander towers ...
Gonna need a completely different crossover for a slot tweeter in there ...
And it will kill the resale for the L100s which ARE popular ...

I have the vinyl jbl l100s's and a set of 8ohm 2405h's. What are the odds that using a jubal crossover in that cabinet w the new 2405's will work ?
Keep what you have. The L100S comes with the same crossover as the L100T3, which is pretty darn good.

So, what are you looking to accomplish with a Jubal swap? Your speakers should already sound better than the L65, anyway.:dunno:

Keep what you have. The L100S comes with the same crossover as the L100T3, which is pretty darn good.

So, what are you looking to accomplish with a Jubal swap? Your speakers should already sound better than the L65, anyway.:dunno:
I know this thread was ages old but I finally refurbed a pair of l100T3's I had and you are right. They do sound really, really good without the 2405 (although working on those tweeters stinks--i broke the lead wire changing out the foam pads--the magnet was actually waxed to the rest of the housing and it was frustrating and split and I had to solder in a single speaker wire thread). Either way they are fixed and working now. And they sound great. Really airy highs. Solid but controlled bass thump. Really impressive. I had been listening to some Infinity RS6B's before and they seem like some sort of sad joke now.

Back
Top Bottom