Creation of a music lounge

komoyuki

I am going to begin by joining this link so that people know where I come from :

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=413945

That is now an old thread. In brief, I bought a condo and I am building myself a magnificent lounge(I hope) for which I think is going to give a beautiful result. I wanted to share the progress of this lounge and to reveal a little the new goodies of my system. The first stage consists in building a stony wall. I thus began to pose on the wall some plywood to be certain that the wall is solid enough.

Much more to come :)

Phil.

condo414.jpg

condo415.jpg

I look forward to seeing the progress. A lot of work but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end:)

Today we began to take up the wall and I have to admit that it is a lot of work. On the other hand, that is going to be sick. But for now, me do not speak longer... the guy is tired :boring:

Thanks dad for your help ...

condo416.jpg

condo419.jpg

That's looking really sharp! Are you going to acoustically treat the room too?

OMG, that's it? I was robbed. I was all settled in for a nice long thread. It looks frickin' fantastic already! I wanna see it finished! Chop-Chop! :whip:
I at least wanna see a shark tank in the floor with the stripper pole over it by Monday. :smoke:

OMG, that's it? I was robbed. I was all settled in for a nice long thread. It looks frickin' fantastic already! I wanna see it finished! Chop-Chop! :whip:
I at least wanna see a shark tank in the floor with the stripper pole over it by Monday. :smoke:

Made my morning :) and very nice so far all I need is to have my own house haha ;) but first have to turn 18 continue the good work!

Yesterday we managed to end the wall. Today I had a day off then it was: housework, housework, installation, housework and finally installation of the audio system. For this evening, I leave you with a simple pic. I am going to prepare a longer comment later with the description of my system and my first impressions on the acoustics of my new place. I had the opportunity to listen a little this evening and I still look for the sweet spot for low frequencies, at the moment, it is weak in this register. :nono:

lounge007.jpg

:thmbsp:

That's a real nice setup you have done there! I love the flooring. Are you going to post a few more pictures?

Hi Komoyuki,

Fantastic looking room. Before trying to sort out the acoustics, I suggest you set up your speakers in nearfield monitoring position as per the picture below to take the room basically out of the equation. And then you have something to aim for sonically when you go to what works visually for you on speaker placement and you add some acoustics.

NearField2.jpg

This will let you hear what you should be aiming for and if possible aim for the mid field monitoring position I describe in the rest of the thread here:

http://grantfidelity.com/wordpress/audio-tips-and-tweaks/setup-your-existing-system-first/

This should dramatically reduce the amount of acoustic treatment you will need in your room.

Cheers,
Ian

Wow, it looks really nice ... !!

Can I ask for some more room pictures - maybe with some more lighting?
Its a bit dark and I could really appreciate all the gear and textures
if you had some lamps behind you to throw more light around the room.
My TV room is darkened when we are using it,
but I do have extra lights turned on when I take pictures.

The room looks great! I'm interested in knowing why you switched from the RITA to the W-30.

-Steven

Back
Top Bottom