Creation of a music lounge

I need to spend more time in the Members Systems forum (and start one of my own). Wow - you have an inspiring system...absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing it and best of luck to you and your wife.

Honestly this is a personal reason. At that time I was looking to downgrade my whole system which was a complete Grant Fidelity system. Make a short story my wife was pregnant (Our first one), then she miscarried, so when she was pregnant I thought I couldn’t take much advantage of such a big system that’s why I wanted to downgrade. After a short discussion with her, she told me that I simply should get back a good system because she knew I was sad, for the baby and for my system ;)

So at this time yes I think I have come back with a pretty good sound, and we working hard to get her pregnant again! :thmbsp:

Oh man sorry to hear about your loss. And I hope all things work out for you this time.

You've had some great systems Phil. Which one has been your favorite if one stands out above the others? Your current amp is sure a beauty!

cubdog

I have owned a lot of good system those last few years but the Grant Fidelity W-30 amp and RBS-1 speakers were something special. I still yet searching for that sound and in my head it still my reference. Also add the GF CD-1000 which was a part of my system and it could stand system which cost 2-3x the price. However the Unison Research is a quite special amp and yesterday I really saw it shine. A friend of mine has a pretty decent system (Naim 5i-2 – CD5i and B&W CM9). I brought my UR and we did some comparison. The UR was by far superior to the Naim to our ears. Much more powerful, the bass much well controlled, and the highs were smooth and extended. We could simply listing to the music and we stopped talking about the gears and a very long moment. Something it didn’t happened for a while. He was a little frustrated, but the Naim sounded good too.

So the Unison isn’t about to move away soon but I still searching for the right matching speaker. The Wharfedale are good, very good, but I am still looking for something better.

At the same time, I went to my local Hifi shop last week. I brought my UR for some listing with a pair of Focal 826W and the new Focal Aria 926. Man what a beauty this new line from Focal. Both were excellent but I had a little preference for the new 926. The sound was more coherent and more linear between the bass/mids/highs. However the 826W is a killer speaker for the current liquidation price.

At this time I have a few speakers in mind but I am still waiting to listing the new Monitor Audio Silver line, specially the Silver 10 with his two 8 inches woofers! I might have an audition this week and I will definitely report my impressions.

Furthermore, I have spent close of an hour with Fritz Heiler on phone. We decided the Grove could be a pretty good contender and would definitely suit my taste and my preference. I do trust him, however I fear that I can’t audition it, but will be in my top 5 for sure.

This is a long answer for you Cubdog, I hope my words make sense, my English can be sometime mix up.

Last edited:
What a fantastic space. Outstanding. I think I was mesmerized here as I read through this thread. Best wishes to you and your wife!

? if the wharfies are too harsh, and you dont care about chest slamming bass, i would totally check out some maggies or quads. after listening to setups with electrostat speakers & tubes, it feels like something is wrong with my stereo. just a thought. though.

beautiful setups by the way. like a magazine ad for audio gear.

Bee-Yoo-Tee-Ful! I collect pics of attractive listening rooms for reference, and #3 is in my picture file under Listening Rooms.

Excellent! :thmbsp:

I have owned a lot of good system those last few years but the Grant Fidelity W-30 amp and RBS-1 speakers were something special. I still yet searching for that sound and in my head it still my reference. Also add the GF CD-1000 which was a part of my system and it could stand system which cost 2-3x the price. However the Unison Research is a quite special amp and yesterday I really saw it shine. A friend of mine has a pretty decent system (Naim 5i-2 – CD5i and B&W CM9). I brought my UR and we did some comparison. The UR was by far superior to the Naim to our ears. Much more powerful, the bass much well controlled, and the highs were smooth and extended. We could simply listing to the music and we stopped talking about the gears and a very long moment. Something it didn’t happened for a while. He was a little frustrated, but the Naim sounded good too.

So the Unison isn’t about to move away soon but I still searching for the right matching speaker. The Wharfedale are good, very good, but I am still looking for something better.

At the same time, I went to my local Hifi shop last week. I brought my UR for some listing with a pair of Focal 826W and the new Focal Aria 926. Man what a beauty this new line from Focal. Both were excellent but I had a little preference for the new 926. The sound was more coherent and more linear between the bass/mids/highs.

Thanks for sharing your new system and your thoughts on different components.

I happen to have a Jungson JA-88D (09), which you used to have, and I was wondering if it would be a good match with the Focal Aria 926? I'm going to audition them but I can't take the Jungson, so your experience is valuable.
Also, how does the Unision Research Unico Secondo compare to the Jungson? I love the Jungson but I'm thinking of a second system with the Unico Secondo. Is it also smooth in sound as the Jungson, lush midrange or brighter?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Beautiful indeed!

I don't know how I missed this thread but glad I found it.

I love your space and equipment selections. Very nicely done. Excellent taste all around.

Best of luck to you and your wife on starting a family.

:thmbsp:

Beautiful indeed!

I don't know how I missed this thread but glad I found it.

I love your space and equipment selections. Very nicely done. Excellent taste all around.

Best of luck to you and your wife on starting a family.

:thmbsp:

Hey thank you it's appreciated. You have yourself an impressive collection of gears !

Back
Top Bottom