"Cricket noises" forum pretty quiet..

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Binkman, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Binkman

Binkman Addicted Member

Sorry no link to 'Cricket track'
    I understand summer and stuff but used to have a lot more posters, although I see readers. I've read on several sties/ threads many oldies not up to snuff but experiences or pics is probably well read.

bink :D

Please register to disable this ad.

2. thomo57

thomo57 Super Member

Mystic likes this.
  3. Binkman

Binkman Addicted Member

G'day Mate!
    10hrs? yeeah how many loops? :D
    Not a true born Aussie nor ever went there but follow the 'down under's' rich history of electronics. P.m. if you want to establish friends and b.s. on opposite time zones. Met quite a few mates who donned me a 'good mate'... Funny story... I walked into an Irish pub in Tor. wash handed a beer and a guy took off my coat for me. Decent I thought. In a few minutes a mate walks up to me and says I can double your money I need 60 to raise, my mate has the winning hand I gave him an extra 20 for intimidation. A couple minutes he comes back and hands me back my 20 (didn't need it) and hands me 120. So I asked a bit about him and his party of 3 trying to get back home. So I hand him back the 60 I gained..
    Hell, I can't charge the guy for a 2 minute loan.. :D and I knew they might need it.

4. welcomdmat

welcomdmat Super Member

If that is what crickets sound like in AUS, I think there would be some surreal experiences with the cricket/ cicada/ frog combos of VA/ NC in the eastern US during a humid summer night.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 12:35 PM
    John James and cratz2 like this.
  5. Imprecise

Imprecise Active Member

There is a cricket track, sort of, on Abbey Road in between 'You Never Give Me Your Money' and 'Sun King'. Does that count?

6. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

I suspect "cricket sounds" are part of the insect"noise" Andy Partridge intended for us in the opening moments of the number "Summer's Cauldron" from the album Skylarking (1986).

Please register to disable this ad.

7. whyaskit

whyaskit music. Subscriber