Critters

Discussion in 'Cameras and Photography' started by addylo, Aug 4, 2012.

1. mfrench

mfrench Super Member

We've been in this place for 5.5 years now. In that time, we've caught and released 7 rattlesnakes on the property (an acre) unharmed, and any number of other snakes, including some that are venomous, but lesser known; the Ringneck Snake and the Desert Nightsnake. These are both venomous, but not a threat to humans, as they are small rear fang species. We've also got the Kingsnakes, and, we've seen one Gopher Snake that had to be near 7' long. I saw it stretched out in a location that I can measure. It stretched fully 6.5', and the forward part of its body was out of sight, making it probably 7' long in guessing what that hidden length was (the viewed/measured length was 6.5').
    The captured rattlers are taken down the canyon road that we live in, and they're released in the river bottom that is also a nature reserve. An acre isn't really big enough to share with bitey things.
    Of the rattlers, one was found coiled up on our front door mat. Another, the biggest, was found coiled up between my feet, while working the rear of the property when we first bought it.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Eywadude likes this.
  2. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

:thumbsup: That one between your feet might be a little closer than I'd want to be to one (lol), but again kudos. :)

mfrench likes this.
  3. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Super Member

IMG_1996.JPG IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2568.JPG IMG_2059.JPG

The gardenshed/mancave I built last year is being used to make praying mantis babies. First and last pic from last year, other 2 from yesterday. I left openings in the shed where the sides meet the roof for ventilation.

mfrench and Eywadude like this.
  4. ilusndweller

ilusndweller Super Member

Slug on a yew after a rain.

IMG_2592.JPG

Eywadude likes this.