Crooner's New Baby!

EchoWars said:
Shipping must have been insane....

Well, let me tell ya.... :D

I do have special rates with my corporate account. But still, I expect it to be around $150. Worth it, given the rarity and value.

My only question is where in the heck are you going to find speakers that will handle that power? Not a bad problem to have though, when you have that quality of a piece!!!!!!

Sugardawg34 said:
My only question is where in the heck are you going to find speakers that will handle that power? Not a bad problem to have though, when you have that quality of a piece!!!!!!

That's a very interesting question. I remember an old post of mine where I was asking that very same thing!

Of course, back then I could only dream of owning this beauty. Now that is in my hands...

I am trying to convince a friend to sell me his JBL Century L100's. Those should do the job quite nicely. Fingers crossed!

crooner said:
It weighs 78 lbs by itself. Total including the pallet topped the scales at 105 lbs. I had to help the Fedex delivery guy unloading it!

How's the HPM-100's? I am thinking of getting a pair to be driven by this beast!

attachment.php

Hey crooner, that's a sweet looking SX-1980!! Enjoy Man!!! :thmbsp:

e2e4c7c5 said:
Hey crooner, that's a sweet looking SX-1980!! Enjoy Man!!! :thmbsp:

Thanks! I need to do some minor work on the power supply if I want her to be my daily driver. But once she's restored.....

Best regards,
crooner

That piece deserves nothing less than the mighty HPM1500's. Skip the JBL's, get HPM100's at the least. Keep it in the family. (Pioneer)

CONGRATULATIONS! Some day I'll get one of those beasts. My "must have before I die" just switched from a Rolex submariner to the SX-1980!

AWESOME!

Crooner, Congrats on the SX-1980, She looks awesome!!
What happened to your SX-1080?

Wel anyway, Enjoy :thmbsp:

Congrats Crooner! I'm dying to get my hands on a SX-1280, but alas, no funds. So I'm envious of your good fortune! Enjoy......for all of us. :yes:

averagewhiteman said:
That piece deserves nothing less than the mighty HPM1500's. Skip the JBL's, get HPM100's at the least. Keep it in the family. (Pioneer)

CONGRATULATIONS! Some day I'll get one of those beasts. My "must have before I die" just switched from a Rolex submariner to the SX-1980!

AWESOME!

Thanks averagewhiteman!
You're right about the speakers. Now I have to find some more dough.... :D

I can die in peace now.... :cry:

bsam8 said:
Crooner, Congrats on the SX-1980, She looks awesome!!
What happened to your SX-1080?

Wel anyway, Enjoy :thmbsp:

I had to get rid of her :cry:
She was so nice, and sweet and sounded incredible..but...

I said to myself, if you want to enjoy a SX-1980 it will have to be this way...

Crotalus said:
Congrats Crooner! I'm dying to get my hands on a SX-1280, but alas, no funds. So I'm envious of your good fortune! Enjoy......for all of us. :yes:

That was my dilemma for quite some time. I had to sell a good part of my collection to be able to afford her. But I am so happy it doesn't matter :D

Crooner I'm so happy your happy! Thanks for the props on packaging, It was fun. I got the payment today. One big chunk out of my project of wood floor in my living room. Everything worked out great for the both of us. I hope it doesn't cost you too much for the repairs. Will the cost still be a good price after you've looked at it?

I am delighted with this monster!
The repairs, hopefully, will not be too high.

Yes, I still can't believe it!! Everything turned out so perfect. Not a glitch!

My dream transaction, that's for sure!

Thanks again bstonemega for everything!! :thmbsp:

Today I bought a mint CT-F1000 on Ebay-Germany. It is a USA-110-Volt-Version. But that is o.k. because my SX-1980 has 3 AC-Poweroutlets, which give 110 Volt :yes:
So I don´t need a seperate Transformer :thmbsp:

Dude.....you better check that. It isn't often that an accessory outlet is fed through the transformer...matter if fact, I can't think if it ever being done.

Get your meter and measure it firsthand.

I know what you mean. But my SX-1980 gets only 110Volts from an extern transformer.

In my other gear when the Voltageselecter is set on 240Volt the AC-Outlets give also 240Volt, that´s right.

The seller of my TAU-11 was afraid, I couldn´t use it because it is 110Volt. But the Amp just gets maybe 10 to 20 Volts from the RTU-11 with a special Connectingcable. So it makes no difference, in which position I put the Voltageselector. :yes: :thmbsp: :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom