Crossover done the DIY way

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
I saw this over on Don_McR Lansing forums. Thought Rob would get a kick out of it.

Cool wards...are ya gonna try it? it would be a cool project...I'm sure you can get most of the parts from surplus stores.

I ordered some boards from Gary Kaufman for an active tubed cross-over. I'm going ta give these a try on the recommendation from Paul B. I haven't got time or money right now for'em...but give me a little time...and money ;)

hey Alfredo...I got my other preamp kit in the mail today...I should be done with that by the time your done with your cross-overs...we'll have ta give it a try :D

later>>>>>>>

crossover?

Whew Wards, that was a relief this was a picture of a loudspeaker crossover and not a DIY male-to-female crossover. :eek: You can be much prouder of a sex change operation when you do it yourself! :D

What the builder here has done is a good way to prototype and if it ends up working well the device is built well enough to use as-is forever.

Originally posted by Morden2004
Rob:

That looks like foam board? Could he have hot-glued the components to the board?

Notice the attenuator/freq. response selectors are on metal brackets attached with screws. Foam wouldn't hold screws unless a machine screw with a big fender washer on the backside, and foam like styrofoam SM shrinks away from hot-glue so that doesn't work. I usually use a hunk of plywood for such prototypes. MDF works too.

Back
Top Bottom