Crown PS 400, Denon 5800, Klipsch 30’s...

Pistilpete

I recently picked up a pair of Klipsch 30’s along with a Denon avr 5800. The Denon is being repaired, new capacitors. Been running the 30’s with a Pioneer vsx 45, part of a HT setup.
A friend of mine wants to sell me his Crown PS 400, we’ll below market value. Question is, do I really need the amp? The Pioneer won’t take an amp. Speakerwise I have the 30’s, Klipsch ksw 200 sub, Klipsch synergy rears sur and center ch and a pair of Klipsch ksf 10.5. Also have a pair of Paradigm monitor 9’s.
I’m thinking of running the Denon with the Crown, driving the 30’s and streaming Apple Music. Leaving the Pioneer and Klipsch surround setup with Apple TV.
Your input is greatly appreciated.
I must add my wife has a predilection to turning the volume up to the point of blowing out the Pioneer on two occasions. Hence my desire to separate the HT from the two channel setup. Only I will have the ability to utilize Denon/30’s.

I run a PS-200 as my main amp and consider it a sleeper in terms of sound quality vs. price. The 400 should be similar. That said, they're old enough to really need a bench session with a tech, no matter what shape you think they're in. If you can't control the volume, I'd strongly suggest some well chosen speaker fuses or other average power limiting solution!

And welcome!

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Great into!:thumbsup:

Top of the line gear...gonna create envy here!

And that wifey of yours...she's a keeper. Mine keeps asking me to "TURN IT DOWN!".

Q

Back
Top Bottom