crummy sounding Cds you just love to listen to

gonefishin

Does anyone have a favorite music CD's that's a less than perfect recording...but you just gotta listen to it?

I recently put on Louis Jordon - Let The Good Times Roll
I just love that album!

beans and cornbread...we go hand in hand

anyone else have any favorites that aren't the best recordings? Does a bad recording stop you from listening to a certain album?

:eek:

ok...a funny thing happened...after I wrote this post...the wife and I(with baby :D) were driving in the truck. So I turned on radio...and the CD that was in there was Louis Jordon.

(let me back up just a little here)...ther is a BB King Album out called Let The Good Times Roll ...which is actually a tribute album from BB to Louis Jordon. BB redid a number of his songs on this album...it's pretty darn good...in fact, we've seen his concerts for the last several years...the last couple concerts he played a good number of these songs)

ok...so we're in the truck...and she says...this isn't BB with a confused look on her face...she says it sounds all distorted...this sounds terrible ...I then asked her if she could sit back and just enjoy the music?...I said...the quality of the recording shouldn't make that much of a difference! but it does...you've ruined me she said.

I just had a silly smirk on my face...shook my head and wondered what in the world did I do to this wife of mine :dunno:

I love Cher's Believe cd. But it is so tizzy on the top end that it drives me nuts. But the music is just a toe tappin' good time. So I just turn the treble down and enjoy..at least until my ears start bleeding. I just wish she wasn't such a putz in the politics department. Still, I don't think I would kick her out of bed for eatin' crackers :D

Sinead O`Connor, "Lion And The Cobra" Love this CD, but the sound on some of the tracks is awful.

J

Little Richard

The Essential Little Richard CD, tho I suppose in this case it's the source material that is poor :(

Steve Earle's "Shut up and Die Like an Aviator"

Yes it is live but his voice is shot at this point and he is close to
rehab.
My Step-son and I used to play the tape in the car,his mother,the dem (ends with "on") didn't think it was good music for a 5 yr old,I didn't think she was good for the 5 yr old(but that is for another forum)

Alan

Jo Jo Gunne

There 1st album with the cover of the car hood w/flames is one of the earlier bands I got hooked on and just received a limited (500 copy) edition CD. Other notables are "Layla... " by Derek and the Dominos, "Imagine" by John Lennon,"Exile on main street" by The Stones, "Co untry Life" by Roxy Music. The Sinead O' Connor album mentioned doesn't sound bad here (?).

MikE

Back
Top Bottom