Cs-99a speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by turbolite81, Nov 14, 2017 at 6:37 PM.

1. turbolite81

turbolite81 pioneer & vega nut

Hey y'all, I just inherited my dad's old cs-99a speakers, and his 'pl 45d turntable to accompany his old sx 1010 I built a few yrs ago. I found that the original 15" woofers were replaced with a pyle in one cabinet that has bad surrounds and a radio shack woofer in the other. Can anyone point me in the right direction for the original replacement speakers, or a suitable aftermarket? I'd rather have them stock but have had no luck on finding them.

2. kermit z

kermit z Loud Music saves Lives!! Subscriber

eBay is one place to watch for them.

3. doctorolds

doctorolds AK Subscriber Subscriber

You can become a subscriber to AK for $25 a year and post a wanted to buy thread in Barter Town, or keep an eye out on the pay site. The $25 annual subscription fee to AK entitles you to other benefits also, and helps to support a great site. Good luck.

4. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

You want the brown 'FB' cones (380mm PW-385A cone).
    There's currently 2 up on ebay. You could ask for a combined shipping quote, maybe save some money. Do an ebay search for: PIONEER CS-99A FB 15" WOOFER/DRIVER PW-385A
    Some have the 'FB' letters on the cone, some, like mine, don't.
    If the cones on your mids have the 'FB' stamp, you might want to jump on the 2 that are currently listed on the bay.
    Based on completed listings it looks like they may not come up too often.

turbolite81 and Stereognat like this.
  5. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

turbolite81, I just looked for them again on ebay and see that they are sold, hope it was you that got them.

6. turbolite81

Nope, wish it was. I messaged the seller about shipping right before they sold

7. turbolite81

Is there a quality aftermarket that will fit if I cannot find the originals?

8. doctorolds

doctorolds AK Subscriber Subscriber

I would highly recommend that you continue to locate the original woofers, be patient. They will look and sound better while retaining their resale value if you would ever decide to sell them.

woofercooker likes this.
  9. Roadrash

Roadrash AK Subscriber Subscriber

Go to Parts Express and pick up a pair of woofers that are suitable replacements and enjoy them until you find some originals. You might decide they sound just fine with the replacements. I put some Dayton woofers in a pair of Sonab OA12S and they sound excellent. Just my .02