CT 120's

mkane

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Did a search. Nothing. I ordered some for Cornwalls. Feedback after installment.

Did a search. Nothing. I ordered some for Cornwalls. Feedback after installment.

Installed ct120's in my cornwalls about 3 weeks ago. Don't seem to be as "hot" as original k77's and I really don't hear any difference from ct125's or k79's (cornwall II). I like them and will buy them again. :smoke:

I just received and installed a pair of ct-120 in my La Scalas. My critical listening is pending a new turntable belt I'm expecting tomorrow, but I did listen to a record the other night (Stevie Wonder - Innervisions) just to verify the installation. I am already impressed with the smoother clarity.... really nice, looking forward to coming back in here and giving more details after I've had some time with them.

I just received and installed a pair of ct-120 in my La Scalas. My critical listening is pending a new turntable belt I'm expecting tomorrow, but I did listen to a record the other night (Stevie Wonder - Innervisions) just to verify the installation. I am already impressed with the smoother clarity.... really nice, looking forward to coming back in here and giving more details after I've had some time with them.
I did replace the ct125 to the ct120 in the CornScala. A great improvement. I did like the 125 but the 120 is a better driver. More detaills. Thanks bob!
Regards johan

Bob the fastest when it come to shipping. Not sure how he does it but, there hear, installed, and just right. When you get it right with Klipsch, wow. These kick my Hereseys butt down low but that's not what I bought the 120's for. These tweeters took the high's to a new high. Female vocals are just right. The sound, consonant, not brilliant. I like these. Using 2a3 monoblocks.

Turntable belt finally arrived, so have had a chance for some inital listening.

As mkane says, "consonant". I'm using the ct120 in the LaScalas with the system in my signature.

I only have the original K-77-F and the interim K-77 I had pulled from my 40 year old Heresies with which to compare... there is no comparison, the ct120 are far finer, smoother frequency response, no trace of upper congestion, no "certain pitches/tones from some instruments standing out", no aural misbehavior at all.

I am hearing the high end a little differently; Miles Davis' muted trumpet sounds more natural, Sonny Rollins' sax is even more present, and I'm noticing some percussion sounds that I had overlooked.

The nice thing is that all this comes without any added sparkle. The sounds are natural without an apparent "ceiling" of frequency... the sounds just go up and up an up without calling attention to themselves. The integration with the mid horn seems flawless.

Kind of a shame to hide them inside the LaScalas; these are beautiful and well made sturdy horns and drivers, really good looking.

I ran half dozen of my favorite violin concertos through the Spin Clean last night in anticipation of a serious "listening weekend"... I'll be back... :cool:

Listening to Ella Fitzgerald Jam's and I'm pleased. Woofers are next. As a matter of fact there on there way.

I agree, in January I acquired the ct 120s and the TypeA 4500 crossovers as well as the cast aluminum replacement woofers for my La Scalas. I couldn't be happier!!!

Good to see some Texas members posting here :) I just ordered my ct120 and 4500 crossovers from Bob for my La Scalas. Cant wait for them to arrive. (i know its been over a year since this thread died )

I notice a few of us are using tubes and SETs, so just so no one suspects that these tweeters are only an improvement with those,
they are for sure an improvement with nice solid state as well. My nice little 45 year old Sansui AU-6500 sounds fine, fine, fine. :)

I know there are a lot of people that like the tubes, and I bet they sound amazing with tubes, but I have heard a really good solid state can really bring them to life as well. I'm running mine off of a SX-850 until my SX-1010 is out of the shop.

I have a set of the CT-120's in my LaScalas.....Liked them so much I got a set for my Khorns as well.......Listening to SRV "Little Wing" right now and they are amazing

I'm on vacation next week I'm hopeful they arrive so I can enjoy them all week. I have thin towels covering the tweeters currently to tame them some. It's not something I'm proud of.....:(

Back
Top Bottom