CT-A7 CT-A9 Where Are They?

CountZero

Hi

I have a Pioneer Ct-A7 which I have replaced the belts on, fixed some dry joints and corrected some faulty assembly from a previous repair. I have been working from a circuit diagram and I am looking for part of the sevice manual regarding alignment for different types of tape. also I need a replacement cassette well door as this one is missing. Can anyone help me

It is a great tape deck and I am surprised that there seem to be so few of them out there

Dave

Good luck in finding one of those in NZ, it would be hard finding one of those on this side of the ditch.
I have just spent the last couple of weeks (OK about 3 hours in total) redesigning the front of one of those cheapo borange TEAC mini systems as both cassette doors were broken off. The doors were still there, just the part of the front panel that holds the pivot was broken off. Real PITA to fix.
Why do people break off cassette doors? Where is the temptation?
Cheers
Tony

Last edited:
Hi Tony

I am looking at every sad dead tape deck to see If I can find a door that sort of looks right. On The CT-A7 it screws to the inner door so that you can clean the heads easily so I dont need to fabricate everything from scratch. in the end a peice of flat perspex may have to do the job.

When someone smashes off the door of soething thaey never seem to find all of the parts.

You are right about rarity I've never seen another one her but I know of a CT-95 that exists in the North Island

Dave

Hi Siamac

The belts you will need should be realtively easy to find

Sizes as follows (in mm)

63 x .6 x 4
75 x .6 x 6
40 x 1.4 Sq

They require some cunning to install as you have to make sure the cam gears are properly aligned.

There are some good pictures of the operation at

mzl.k-server.org/audio/cta7.html

text is in japanese but if you want any more info email me for help

Cheers Dave

Back
Top Bottom