CT-F1000, micro-switch part number

PatA

I ran a search on the Pioneer forum and found the Digikey number and also a possible Mouser number for the 3 micro-switches. The Mouser number is; 653-SS-01GL13PD, can someone verify that this is the correct number? I'd rather order these from Mouser as there is no minimum and these are all I'm really in need of, thanks all.

Hey Doc, I actually had not checked the Pioneer site, according to another thread, the micro switches are no longer available through Pioneer. The Pioneer part number is RSF-021, according to this thread; http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=214899&highlight=ct-f1000
I believe most everyone is getting them through Digikey, and I may have to also, thanks for the info.

Nahhh, mouser's got them - I was just quiet, waiting to hear from the guy that bought them - just in case - the 1 in a 1000 just in case.... since I hadn't needed any badly enough yet to pay for them. The catalog info looks solid.

Check the part number from the CT-F9191. I may have those switches.

Ron

in a ctf-1000 thread:

markthefixer said:
The ctf-9191 service manual confirms the "same" microswitch, RSF-017, which according to http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com is officially subbed by the RSF-021.

thus the 1000 is rsf-021
and the 9191 is rsf-017 (and in stock at pioneer!! for 12.50 each.... :thumbsdn:)

and they are subs for each other

I've finally gotten around to ordering these switches today. On closer inspection I found that two of the switches on the deck are Omron switches, it appears that they have already been replaced. The two that appear to have been replaced are the one on the right side of the assembly, which I believe is the tape presence switch and the one in the middle. It also appears that the fast foreward motor has been replaced, the wire leads are not wrapped around the pins. The problem that I'm having is no fast foreward or rewind. Should I order the microswitches anyway? Or do I need to start thinking about ordering one of Joe Radios kits?

Forgot to mention, the Mouser part number mentioned in the OP is not correct. That part number is for a switch with PCB type connectors. The part number for the switch with solder connectors is 653-SS-01GL13P, almost the same, just drop the D.

I've finally gotten around to ordering these switches today. On closer inspection I found that two of the switches on the deck are Omron switches, it appears that they have already been replaced. The two that appear to have been replaced are the one on the right side of the assembly, which I believe is the tape presence switch and the one in the middle. It also appears that the fast foreward motor has been replaced, the wire leads are not wrapped around the pins. The problem that I'm having is no fast foreward or rewind. Should I order the microswitches anyway? Or do I need to start thinking about ordering one of Joe Radios kits?

For 3 bucks, I would re-do the three with the gold plated contacts, unless they are already that part number.

The motor isn't connected?? Or just the style of connection is different?

The bottom line is: does the motor turn? In BOTH directions? The rest is mechanical connections, which joe's kits fix. Unless the movable clutch assembly in between the t/u and supply reels is cracked and frozen or difficult to turn - it SHOULD freewheel easily with the flick of a finger.

Hey Mark, I'll replace the switches, It's certainly cheap enough. The motor is connected, the two leads are soldered to the pins but aren't wrapped like the rest of the wiring at that junction, which lead me to believe that the motor has been replaced. I'm guessing the FF & rewind functions have been a problem for a while on the deck. I don't believe the motor is turning, can I short out something somewhere as a way to test the motor?

Hey Mark, I'll replace the switches, It's certainly cheap enough. The motor is connected, the two leads are soldered to the pins but aren't wrapped like the rest of the wiring at that junction, which lead me to believe that the motor has been replaced. I'm guessing the FF & rewind functions have been a problem for a while on the deck. I don't believe the motor is turning, can I short out something somewhere as a way to test the motor?

No, the switching is quite complex. Read the voltages across the motor, and to be sure that the motor is not open circuit and affecting things, have a 470 ohm resistor across the motor, to pull some current for an accurate reading of the drive circuits.

Also read the voltages at each terminal at FF and REW referenced to ground. So if something else isn't passing current you will know.

If I were to have to test the motor, I would substitute another voltage/current source to run the motor. In BOTH directions - and I would watch the current draw as well.

Last edited:
I hate to start up a old thread,
But does anyone here know what the part number is for the Micro Switches used in the Pioneer CT-F7272?
Because my CT-F7272 is having a problem where every once in a while when I press play, or I record the mechanism runs the tape way to fast, and the only way to correct the problem is to take the tape out and put it back in a couple of times, and that corrects the problem.
So I am suspecting that it is a Micro-Switch problem.
-Thanks

I hate to start up a old thread,
But does anyone here know what the part number is for the Micro Switches used in the Pioneer CT-F7272?
Because my CT-F7272 is having a problem where every once in a while when I press play, or I record the mechanism runs the tape way to fast, and the only way to correct the problem is to take the tape out and put it back in a couple of times, and that corrects the problem.
So I am suspecting that it is a Micro-Switch problem.
-Thanks
Really should start a new thread, cuz you'll be troubleshooting, and others may have trod this exact path first.

The three switch contact sets (rec prot, cro2, presence) on the ct-f7272 are open switches where the contacts while buried in the chassis, are accessible to deoxiting.
1x RSN-11
2x RSN-06

Really should start a new thread, cuz you'll be troubleshooting, and others may have trod this exact path first.

The three switch contact sets (rec prot, cro2, presence) on the ct-f7272 are open switches where the contacts while buried in the chassis, are accessible to deoxiting.
1x RSN-11
2x RSN-06

Do you happen to have a photo of where the Contact set switches are in the chassis?
Also, so your saying that the switches are relatively easy to just Deoxit them and they should work fine again?
-Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom