CT-F900 cassette player

Had one, loved it!

650ctf900.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

At one point in life while I was not so familiar with silver Pioneer I thought those huge machines :CT F-900, 950 and 1250 were some kind of professional studio equipment and not meant for home HiFI use... :D

regards Grosvenor

mrGrosvenor said:
Hi,

At one point in life while I was not so familiar with silver Pioneer I thought those huge machines :CT F-900, 950 and 1250 were some kind of professional studio equipment and not meant for home HiFI use... :D

regards Grosvenor

Then the marketing was working. There was a time when "bigger" was confused with "better", in the hifi world.

Hence, speaker systems with twin 15" woofers (or 1 woofer plus passive), HUGE power receivers with 2 Gz (Gz=giga-zillion) watts per channel, and so on.

Next, SMALL became beautiful. Mini components, lower output power, tiny speakers some even with sub-woofers.

After that, I lost interest, since the Main Thing became an all-one-brand-rack-system that sounded like crap and was sold on eye appeal only. "But honey, it all matches together so nicely!"

Where is it at these days...?

:thmbsp: I have a 900 and a 1250 and love them both. They are the best cassette decks I have owned. I have newer 3 head decks with Dolby B, C, and Hx PRO and they don't sound as good.

Very well made, I hace 4 CT-F 900/950's, one is for parts, other than belts or tires they are pretty rugged tho.

ralarcon,
I have been all over ebay for three years trying for one. I have been out bid at least 25 times on one. Granted I am a cheapskate but I have had some out bid me on one for like $17.00. Then when I bid up to $25 or more they go for $30 and up. We are talking all the ones that need belts and reworking mind you. It has been frustrating to say the least. I went thru the same thing on a 1250 until someone made me a great deal on the side of ebay I could not refuse. Probably the only way I would have gotten a 1250, although I did not pull the trigger on a 'Buy It Now' last year on a 1250 for $50.00!! I regret that now, but money was tight then, very tight!

Back
Top Bottom