CT-F9191 FF/REW fixes/nudies

markthefixer

On Hiatus, hospitalized and NOT doing Clutches
Subscriber
edit - that wasn't the fix... it was a kludge...
see this thread for a REAL fix: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ff-rew-fix-ctf-8282-9191-1000-rxa-581-not-diy.292583/

I have been working on the CT-F9191 Fast Forward and Rewind mechanicals. I am starting to get a handle on its' operation and the ways that it can (and does) fail. Has anyone else successfully tackled their problems with slow or non-working ff/rew on the CT-F9191?
Has anyone found a source for the ff/rew motor drive "tire" as pictured.
I have found a few work arounds for some of the idler clutch slippage and other problems involving springs and plastic washers.
Worst comes to worst I'm working on how to make a replacement for the pencil eraser sized drive tire.

Last edited:
Good pic there Mark !!!

My CT-F1000 has that same roller that needs to be replaced as well. I have not found any such critters in my searching. Interesting idea on fabricating one... :scratch2: I would not know where to even start to tackle that?

Right now I'm thinking 2 dremel tools, a specialized dremel mandrel and even going as far as dry ice... (to make the material more machinable).
Liquid nitrogen would make it too brittle.

I have to tinker with the FF/REW on mine now...went to rewind a tape this morning (it sees very little use, it's in my basement system and I rarely listen to tapes at all) and it wouldn't budge. Ditto FF. Time to pull it apart...and it has new rubber in it...grrrrr :mad:

TP

Supposedly all new belts, by the seller who claimed to have had it serviced before selling, forgot the seller's ID. He had bought the inventory of a closed stereo shop and was selling the pieces on sneezebay. I had BIN'ed the deck a year and a half ago...

TP

Back
Top Bottom