Ct-f9191

steve gibson

Can someone help me figure out how to the play speed my CT-F9191. Or maybe it is another problem. I have just replace the belts and tires and fixed my FF/REW problem but now the d**n thing is playing in "fast forward".

Do you really mean at fast forward type speeds? Cuz then you do have another problem, one that I'm not sure of how to fix.

Lessseee....9191....if memory serves, there's a circuit board with a pot on it, behind the front cassette area, that controls the speed...or do I have it confused with another deck? Hmm.... well, if there isn't a small circuit board with a pot on it, then the speed is adjusted right at the motor, on the back of the motor, look for a hole with a screw-slot recessed in it. That's your speed adj.

Assuming, of course, that its' just running a little fast, and not racing across the head in FF as you suggest.

It is running real fast and I already tried to adjust the pot on the circuit board to no avail ( I also cleaned the pot).

Maybe re-check your belt installation....perhaps something isn't riding correctly.

Try also switching the voltage selector down from 120 to 110, that might offer a bit of reduction as well.

Found it- I had forgot to put one of the circuit bd insulators back and it was shorting across and by-passing the speed control. Thanks :thmbsp:

Schematics Bank

I have a manual for QX-8000A myself that could probably add insight for the majority of the 1971-74 models and perhaps tuner design for a couple ofm years afterward. There was a proposed forum fror schematics that seems to fallen by the wayside. Why can't it be implemented?

I realize that many of the service materials might have copyright issues attached to them after 1960 or so (although Sams before a certain date are public domain and Riders seem to belong to whomever puts them out)? However, between our group, some folks from rec. groups on USENET and Steve Mc Voy's Early Television Foundation we could create a free and subscripition-based site of repair information for older electronics and lessons/theory. Phil Nelson, Steve, Luther are some good people to reference, and many others to be sure could omnibus much like Jeff Miller and the Forever Analog site. A maintenance/copyright fee for each technical download would have to be mandatory but paid membership could discount that.

Isn't it time we stopped looking in drawers and begging for these?

Back
Top Bottom