CT-F950 Flouroscan "ghost"

aldena007

Legacy Audio Aficionado
I have a CT-F950 on my bench to work on and I noticed the fluoroscan display appears to have some sort of artifact in the display. The display shows the signal strength with bright segments that I am used to seeing with the other units I have/worked on but there is a dim pulsating signal also showing full scale on the display. This ghost signal is annoying and I need to track down the cause. I plan to completely redo the power supply board with all new capacitors/silicon. Will this clear up the problem or do I need to dig deeper?

dim pulsating signal also showing full scale on the display.
Both channels or one? Full bar or just the end segment?

Making some assumptions:
It's likely - could be power supply ripple, but if it doesn't clear it up, don't be too miffed.
It could be accurately depicting what it is being sent.

Both channels and all segments are affected. The segments all seem to be flashing in sync like it is a 60 Hz signal with the same signal strength. I am going to connect a headphone and see if I hear anything like a hum.

Your comparison to "other units", are they other CT-F950's?

MANY of the receiver flouroscans are driven by individual Integrated circuits, THIS is a microprocessor driven display. Have to compare apples to apples.

I have seen two other CT-f950's. I have one of my own in production that does not manifest this artifact and another owned by another legacy fan. I have an RT 909 & SA 9800 with nice clear fluoroscan displays but that may not be comparing apples to apples.

lol by the powers vested in me :crazy: by the great Karnak, I hearby certify you a CT-F950 display appearance expert.

First the power supply (look for ripple), THEN the caps on the display board.

I have a CT-F850 with a similar but slightly different problem. The display is normally dim. When I press Fast forward, the display comes on at full brightness. If I press play, it comes on almost full brightness but flickers visibly.

I bought this unit with a broken tube, and I replaced the entire floroscan board with one out of a parts unit - but a CT-F800, not an 850. the boards look identical though.

Thoughts?

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom