CT-F950 intermittent problem

I see from the pics that he did replace the brushes! That means it's as good as new! :thmbsp:

dr*audio said:
I see from the pics that he did replace the brushes! That means it's as good as new! :thmbsp:

There does appear to be more material in the finished brushes than was there before the process began.

Where would one acquire such brushes and how would they be attached to the cantilevers? I just reworked my motor in like manner, except I did not replace the brushes. The brushes appear to be attached to the cantilevers by adhesive, but the type of adhesive was not obvious. I would be concerned about the series resistance of the point of adhesion, since some significant current flows through the circuit that includes the brushes.

I suppose I could ask Tom (the fellow that did the work), but, since some significant amount of his income comes from this activity, I am not comfortable with asking. Especially, since I decided to do my own work, in lieu of seeking to have him do it.

Rich P

I'm sold on the conductive epoxy. The resistance per cm is impressive.

Now, where would one obtain the brushes?

Rich P

If you find a supplier for the brushes, let me know; I have no clue! I think they are made of graphite? Maybe Small Parts, Inc. might have something.

rebuilt motor arrived

:rockon: :banana: The motor arrived yesterday!!! :banana: :rockon:

That's fast service. I installed it last night. So far so good. Only time will tell now. I imagine I'll know within a couple of weeks if everything is alright.

On another note, the sun has finally come out to bless us. I almost forgot what it looks like. At least it's just in time for the holiday weekend. Although it will only be partially sunny, we'll take what we can get. The past 5 or 6 weekends have been raining.

Have A Wonderful Holiday All!!
Paul

Back
Top Bottom