CT Jim: A Terrific Resource & Gentleman

Dave B.

I just had the great pleasure to "meet" and deal with CT Jim from Branford, CT. He restored and majorly upgraded a Dynaco PAT-4 preamp that caught my eye. The pictures he posted, along with his excellent and detailed technical descriptions of what he did, haunted me for several days, tempting me to buy it even though I have more equipment than I deserve. So, I pulled the trigger and got it.

The PAT-4 arrived in two days, just like Amazon Prime! I told Jim that he should be the packaging director for McIntosh or Sonus faber. I'll be able to recycle the vast array of protective materials Jim used to wrap the PAT-4 for years to come. Maybe I'll open one of those stores that wraps and mails packages for people. If I get low on packaging material inventory, I'll just buy another unit from Jim. :)

Communication is an important criterion for me when I'm dealing with a seller. Jim gets SIX stars for that. He responded within minutes to any question or comment I sent to him via AK. He has a great sense of humor and it's easy to tell that he's had, and is currently living, a very accomplished life. He's quite a guy.

So, if you happen to see an offering from CT Jim that's interesting, put it (and him) at the top of your list. You won't be disappointed for price, superior quality, and communication. Hmm ... Quality, Value, and Communication. Yes, I believe Jim represents another kind of QVC. In fact, I can think of a second way to use those three letters as they apply to Jim: Quality Vintage Components. Yeah, I like that even better!

You'll like Jim, too. Check him out. You'll be very glad that you did.

Thanks, Jim. I'll be back!

Dave

Dave
it's always way more fun to deal with buyers like yourself! Every transaction on AK is subject to hopefully accurate presentation, I try to do that, and I also like it when buyers get what they expect and sometimes....more!!
Happy Listening!!

I recently had a small transaction with Jim and I agree whole heartily with Dave.

Back
Top Bottom