1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

CT Jim Does It Again!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Dave B., Nov 8, 2018.

1. Dave B.

Dave B. AK Subscriber Subscriber

CT Jim did a second Dynaco ST-120 upgrade for me. "Upgrade" hardly covers what he does to glorify these terrific vintage amps. If you don't know Jim or aren't familiar with his master craftsman touch, you can read about my previous happiness with his work here.

AKers are excellent packagers of their wares, but Jim belongs in the Packers Hall of Fame (and I'm not talking about Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, or even Aaron Rogers). I wrote to Jim this morning to tell him that the 120 had arrived, and described its arrival like this: "I happened to see the FedEx guy arrive. He grabbed the 120 box and ran across my front yard like a drug-crazed Rugby player heading for the goal line, clutching the box to his chest. Even if he would have stepped into a mole hole out there and fallen on the box, the 120 wouldn't have felt a thing. It's great dealing with professionals like you."

So, be warned: Dealing with CT Jim is likely to spoil you. He goes the extra ten miles. His communication is top notch. He kept me informed of his progress on these two 120s (and the PAT-4) he transformed for me every step of the way, including pictures of the new innards and even the readouts on his multimeters. You can't ask for more than that.

Maybe I should have referred to Jim's packaging expertise as earning him a spot in the "Boxing" Hall of Fame, but then I would have had to clarify that by noting that he's not a literal boxer in the pugilistic sense. I'll tell you one thing, though. His restoration and upgrade work packs a real punch!

On that note, then ... Thank you CT Jim!

Dave

Please register to disable this ad.

2. CT Jim

CT Jim AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hey Dave!
    Thank You
    It's always enjoyable to have someone return for "another" one! I call it therapy, but really it's just a hobby which requires paying attention to details!
    Enjoy it!
    Jim