1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Cuban Jam Sessions

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by wharf rat, Oct 11, 2018.

1. wharf rat

wharf rat Active Member

On NPR this morning I caught the end of story on an Afro-Cuban box set. Wondering if anyone has info on it, has someone bought it, and is it on vinyl?

Thanks.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. RhythmGJ

RhythmGJ Pompous Blowhard Know-It-All Video-Posting Bore Subscriber

Is it traditional music from Matanzas? There was a recent story about that on "Afropop Worldwide." It seems there is now an indigenous, local/regional label recording the music (rather than a Havana-based or international record company).

If that's what you're talking about, it sounds fascinating, but I have no idea if they're pressing vinyl or not.

GJ

3. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen) Subscriber

Get in touch with the NPR station you were listening to. My local station helped me find some music.

4. jgannon

jgannon AK Subscriber Subscriber

There is a famous box set, that I've been meaning to get over the years. My sister has it and it is great. I wonder if this is the one you heard part of this morning. It is a 4-CD set.

[​IMG]

wharf rat likes this.