cubdogs system

Thanks for all the compliments. BTW, I was asked about the "magic pebbles" atop my Bel Cantos. Mine came from the garage so they were quite inexpensive. :D I can't say that they help anything sound wise but they are great conversation pieces.

cubdog

Time for a system update photo. I have replaced my Klipsch CF3s with a pair of Sony SS-M7 speakers. This is the first time in seven or eight years that I haven't had Klipsch speakers anchoring my primary 2 channel system. The CF3s are a damn fine and underrated speaker which is all you need to know about what I think about these Sony's. I have waited patiently to get the SS-M7s and the wait was so worth it. I know their previous owner misses them already and I'm very lucky that he passed them on to me. So, without further ado.

cubdog

Attachments

• IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 132
Time for a system update photo. I have replaced my Klipsch CF3s with a pair of Sony SS-M7 speakers. This is the first time in seven or eight years that I haven't had Klipsch speakers anchoring my primary 2 channel system. The CF3s are a damn fine and underrated speaker which is all you need to know about what I think about these Sony's. I have waited patiently to get the SS-M7s and the wait was so worth it. I know their previous owner misses them already and I'm very lucky that he passed them on to me. So, without further ado.

cubdog

Those Sony's look wonderful and so does the rest of your system and the way you have it layer out:thmbsp:

cubdog

Great stuff Cubs.

I must admit that I haven't heard the SS-M7s, but knowing your taste in gear and sound, I am sure they sound fabulous.

Looks like a room I can get into.

:thmbsp:

Great stuff Cubs.

I must admit that I haven't heard the SS-M7s, but knowing your taste in gear and sound, I am sure they sound fabulous.

Looks like a room I can get into.

:thmbsp:

Knowing you taste Evange I take this as a great compliment. I wish we could open a bottle of wine and listen to some tunes together. Maybe someday.

cubdog

Very nice. I like the evolution your speakers took on. At first i was like whats wrong with the Klipsch RF7...:D

The funny thing is I keep spending less everytime I "upgrade" my speakers. At the rate I'm going I'll eventually get those Thrusters everyone raves about.

cubdog

That thought flickered across my mind, why going from the RF7 to the cf...gee i dont know anymore...:D

EDIT---Looking at the specs between the two which did you like better? Looks like the RF spec'ed out better but the CF are heavier. But both had spikes? Should negate any weight differences.

Last edited:
That thought flickered across my mind, why going from the RF7 to the cf...gee i dont know anymore...:D

EDIT---Looking at the specs between the two which did you like better? Looks like the RF spec'ed out better but the CF are heavier. But both had spikes? Should negate any weight differences.

The CF3s sound much smoother than the RF7IIs. They really are a unique sounding Klipsch speaker. I never look at specs but as far as weight goes they are pretty much the same given their different cabinet dimensions. I can tell you I'd rather move the 55lb. Sony's than the roughly 100 lb. Klipsch.

cubdog

I hear you on the moving heavy speakers. The lighter of my CV's are around 65 to 75 lbs and the larger just over 90. My older son laughs at me when moving them around:D I just drag the larger ones around, but tehy have to be lifted some times.:)

Back
Top Bottom