1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Custom built 70's speakers amplifier pairing advice

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by Stasha, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Stasha

Stasha New Member

Hey everybody!

I'm really excited and pretty out of my depth to be learning about vintage audio gear, so some assistance would be awesome.

I found a pair of big speakers on kerbside collection that I love - all I could find out about them is:

They were probably made in Melbourne Australia by George Hawthorn Electronics.

Tweeters AD0160/T8
    Mids are KEF B110
    Bass 12" AD12100/W8

AND they came with two x 3m? hectic LINN K400 cables, which I had hardwired into the backs of the speakers because the connections didn't marry up...

AND I also acquired a pair of AKAI SW136 speakers the other day too... they just looked so nice!!

So I really want to buy a good, suitable amp which can play through both pairs of speakers (though not at the same time).

I don't have a huge budget, so I'm looking at either a Marantz PM450 amplifier and ST520 tuner, or Sanyo JCX 2300 K stereo receiver amplifier.

Opinions? Ideas? I think I will be buying one of them tomorrow so the sooner the better for any feedback you may have!!

Thanks!

Please register to disable this ad.