custom handmade bikes

index.php
I'd buy this one

that was built to a customers' specs - most customs are built to order, you get to pick and choose what you want on the bike, this particular one was money no object, *you have good taste*
i think by the end he had more than 6k into it, the rear hub alone retails for about $1400 bux, and then we had to disassemble and polish it which added a couple of hundred, also had to figure out how to make the shifter work on it, that shifter is a one off the stock ones go for $250
it's fun spending other peoples money on a somewhat hobby (sometimes it is work even tho i love it)

those all look really cool, and i can't begin to imagine how you ride them

thanks shrinkboy

well the stretch is a "stretch" with those apehangers, but you'd be surprised how easy they are to ride, the pedals are pushed forward to give a very low seating position and we worked out a formula we call the magic triangle whose points touch on the steerer tube, seatpost tube and bottom bracket, we can adjust it to anyones height just by doing the math before we set up the jig

have a look: 1505483_616155561772933_1440407299_n.jpg

and thanks for your interest

thanks man, it's tedious sometimes, good tunes help View attachment 1301631

I don't think your standard spoke length calculator is gonna be much help with those woven spokes :). How DO you figure out spoke length? Oh and another question: I see a few of your bikes have curved seat tubes. Do you make corresponding-curve seatposts for those?

How DO you figure out spoke length?

hey Kirk, it's because Joris is a genius, click home, click drivetrain and hubs, click spoke calculator http://www.rockx.net/cfw/index.htm it's in flash player tho,,,,,,,,,, we all started doing customs more than ten or twelve years ago, he was a pioneer, we all met each other on an old MSN website and it's been growing ever since, there are a whole bunch of garage frame builders now and a bunch of clubs worldwide, we have a big meet up in vegas once a year and it's growing in leaps and bounds lots of cool stuff out there

we know some guys in germany that do hoops up to 100mm wide, drilled or blank, even doing 29s now

Do you make corresponding-curve seatposts for those?

we just use a stubby seatpost that was first produced by R1/2 at chopperdome amsterdam, he was also another pioneer but he runs a B&B now, the curved seatpost tube was a design on an original frame made by a guy named Bas, we all steal ideas from each other ;)

Back
Top Bottom