CX-800 problem

edwin

The pilot light on cdv selector does not turn off even if I use other inputs. Any idea if this indicates a short? Thank you

From the owners manual, page 6:

NOTE:
One of the green video source indicators always remains lit, even if you select an audio source.

I had the same problem with a CX-600 and couldn't figure it out until I read the owners manual and realized that it's actually not a problem. :)

Cheers,
James

it works on cd and other inputs. nothing is connected to cdv but it just lights. if i use cd , both cd and cdv lights.

From the owners manual, page 6:

NOTE:
One of the green video source indicators always remains lit, even if you select an audio source.

I had the same problem with a CX-600 and couldn't figure it out until I read the owners manual and realized that it's actually not a problem. :)

Cheers,
James

I guess you are right. I should have read manual. Stupid me . Thank you.

You are welcome. If it helps, I did exactly the same thing with my CX-600. I spent a good bit of time trying to figure out the problem by looking through the service manual with no success. It just about drove me crazy and as a last resort I looked in the owners manual. :)

How do you like your CX-800? What power amp are you using?

Cheers,
James

Using an MX-1000 amp. I don't know if its just me but I like the C-85 better. deeper bass. Pressing the direct button in the CX-800 between tracks increases the volume substantially , so one has to be careful . i did not experience this with the C-85. Miss the provision for 2 turntables and the 2 amps in the C-85. Other than these quite satisfied with the sound quality.

Back
Top Bottom