CX 830 owners????

peterdulux

I have posted here asking about the mute mode on the cx 830. I contacted Yamaha about this issue and this was their response.

I have not tried the short circuit idea yet as I have a remote that is supposed to work, enroute.

Good day,
please forgive us for the delay but, we needed to go back pretty far back to find an answer regarding the CX830.

The CX830 does have a MUTE button on the remote. However, it only bring volume down -20db and will not completely Mute audio. Also note that when you simply turn the volume knob on the CX830, it will disable the MUTE.
We do not have a remote in our stock... there's surely some other issue with your preamp and it would not be caused by mute.

Thanks!

Yamaha AVCare

My question to CX owners is, does your CX come out of mute mode when you adjust the volume? Mine does not.

Yes, it illuminates and does not go out. It does not unmet when the volume is adjusted, as yamaha suggests.

Does it work in the manner they suggested?

Yes, it illuminates and does not go out. It does not unmet when the volume is adjusted, as yamaha suggests.

Does it work in the manner they suggested?
The only CX's I've worked on here were 1000's. I don't remember. Been some time ago. Hang in there. Until someone with a CX-830 chimes in.

Another thing is the volume knob has a little light and mine is not working. So if the volume knob talks to or cancelle's the mute mode, could the non functioning light indicate some sort of problem between the two?

Someone on another forum states that when volume is adjusted, mute "is" cancelled.

Someone on another forum states that when volume is adjusted, mute "is" cancelled.
Good day,
please forgive us for the delay but, we needed to go back pretty far back to find an answer regarding the CX830.

The CX830 does have a MUTE button on the remote. However, it only bring volume down -20db and will not completely Mute audio. Also note that when you simply turn the volume knob on the CX830, it will disable the MUTE.
We do not have a remote in our stock... there's surely some other issue with your preamp and it would not be caused by mute.

Thanks!

Another thing is the volume knob has a little light and mine is not working. So if the volume knob talks to or cancelle's the mute mode, could the non functioning light indicate some sort of problem between the two?.
I don't have a good answer for you.

I don't believe the mute is auto-cancelling. It's a motor driven pot, not an encoder like everything is these days.

Didn't we cover this only last week in another thread or has it disappeared?

(told the guy to reset the micro by discharging the supercap)

I don't believe the mute is auto-cancelling. It's a motor driven pot, not an encoder like everything is these days.

Didn't we cover this only last week in another thread or has it disappeared?

(told the guy to reset the micro by discharging the supercap)
I remember that post.

Yes, you did respond to me about shorting, and the post is still there.

I haven't yet done what you suggested.

Unless the remote I get works, I'll be taking your advice.

Not disregarding what you said, just not that inclined with electronics.

Sorry i missed your question been away for a while.

Anyways glad you were abler to get it sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom