DAC farewell

Since my posts that where truthful where deemed "nasty" I will not bother the mods to post here anymore.
Sorry.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Elwood P. Dowd

but........ some folks just want to be argumentative....

depending on one's motive, that may not be a bad thing. :)

I know I always get my humorist posts taken literal and folks get riled... but that also happens in person!:p

I 100% concur--I enjoy a spirited debate, but leave the personal attacks out of it, and don't go in uniformed. I may not agree with you, but I may learn something, or even change my opinion, based on an informed, civil, contradictory position.

AK provides a function that addresses this issue. It is called "ignore".
Prevents unwanted from disrespecting your threads so you do not see them..
There is no need for anyone leaving AK that way.

AK provides a function that addresses this issue. It is called "ignore".
Prevents unwanted from disrespecting your threads so you do not see them..
There is no need for anyone leaving AK that way.
It doesn't prevent them from disrespecting your threads, just your knowing about it.

Last edited:
nice avatar

:idea:
it it not related to this thread in any way.
Just one of my collection, nothing more.
I just like spring steel. Ever since "Rebel without as Cause" and ''Blackboard Jungle"".
there is an AKr here screen name ''switchblade''

"Ignorance is bliss."

For some and in some instances--MAYBE... The word "beware" is used so improperly--it should be "be aware". Beware means that you should be frightened or ignore something--be aware means be aware of the world and circumstances about you. I have "beware of dog" signs on all sides of my home (for insurance reasons)--they should read "be aware of the dog"--he's not going to kill you for no reason, but he has a job too--I have a military bred German Shepherd--he is brutally protective, so just be aware that he is there before you try to just walk in.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

Elwood P. Dowd

Your mother was very wise. ;)

I've been on numerous forums since 1998 and like another poster noted - there is no body language or intonation and in print people can't necessarily get the full meaning of what you are trying to say. I have come across one way on forums - somewhat abrasive - but in the real world I would always be viewed as amiable.

I was recently permanently banned from Canuck Audio Mart (apparently the second time I was banned though I was never told I was banned the first time). I made a post about a brand that I really liked - and because I liked it more than some other products - well I came under endless attack. I actually set the record for the most thread pages that site had ever seen and probably since. I stated a few factual posts about the resale value of an item and noted that my dealer was selling a $7k item for $2000. It was a famous amplifier brand - I got attacked - they phoned the dealer - the dealer confirmed that they sold the item for $2k because that was in fact the going rate.

Years later I went back to the site recommending various SET and PP amplifiers from Line Magnetic. Things were generally fine - until I recommended an Audio Note kit amplifier (one of 3-4 amplifiers at around the same price). Then things went down hill where every post I made had the same person (who never posts anything of value (advice, quality suggestions) but merely snipes at people. I made a humorous PM suggesting the world would be better had his mother not given birth to him and poof I get banned.

I generally prefer American forums because the posters typically have thicker skins. It's only audio - not everyone is going to agree on things and I have no problem with people who are supremely passionate over what they think is superior. Magnepan fans love em - I don't. Some people love digital amps or computer audio where I don't. It's like Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel - Sometimes they would agree and sometimes you could tell they wanted to be Homer ringing Bart's neck "Why you little....grrrr."

Audioasylum is generally really good - what they do when someone talks politics or religion they just delete the post - after awhile you clue in not to make those posts. Simple. Like a good umpire they go unknown.

I've been on numerous forums since 1998 and like another poster noted - there is no body language or intonation and in print people can't necessarily get the full meaning of what you are trying to say. I have come across one way on forums - somewhat abrasive - but in the real world I would always be viewed as amiable.

I was recently permanently banned from Canuck Audio Mart (apparently the second time I was banned though I was never told I was banned the first time). ...

Hah, I just served a one week suspension there. I think in every forum there are always a few people that do little else but troll for reactions. In real life such people probably would not act as silly, except for a few extreme people. But on the internet there is no face to face conversation which keep people more respectful I guess. I remember your posts at canuck audio mart, I agree that Canadians can be thin skinned.

Hah, I just served a one week suspension there. I think in every forum there are always a few people that do little else but troll for reactions. In real life such people probably would not act as silly, except for a few extreme people. But on the internet there is no face to face conversation which keep people more respectful I guess. I remember your posts at canuck audio mart, I agree that Canadians can be thin skinned.
It's odd when you consider our national sport is hockey. Hey at least you got a suspension warning.

Unfortunately, sometimes when you post the facts or the truth about something, they can still lose to bias. It doesn't bother me when I get attacked from posters - I have never once submitted a PM or flag to a moderator in all my years on forums. These are only words and I am not a crybaby complaining that some poster was mean to me.

My posting name there was my full name Richard Austen - and no one there could point me to an offending post that was off topic or inflammatory. Yet, I could point out a number of posts directed at me that were highly inflammatory and even downright libelous.

Heck I was blasted there once just for offering a suggestion to open a cage match or off topic thread. Where you could just take a thread and dump it into the off topic arena so the people arguing could get it out of their system and it would not distract from the audio topics. Audio Asylum does this with water cooler and some other ones. Just offering that as a suggestion idea I got a warning from moderators that I was criticizing their judgement. We are living in the upcoming world of people running for their blue blankets and safe spaces.

Back
Top Bottom