Dac/music server

rromeo

Looking to buy a DAC and or Music Server to run off a NAS and Tidal. Would like usb,toslink, and ethernet inputs w/analog output. Would like DSD.

I am ok with a single box item. Want to be under $500 if possible. I dont listen to a lot of digital files or streaming so dont want to go crazy w/pricing here. Just something that works. Used is fine.

TIA

A little more info. I have a HRT Streamer II holding me over. It sounds a bit harsh. I recently sold my PS Audio Directstream Dac Jr.so that kind of spoiled me. I sold it due to lack of use and needed some cash for other stuff etc. So am really just looking for a more warm sounding DAC than the HRT.
Any suggestions??

I have a great DAC with USB reclocker / adapter here:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....synchronous-usb-adapter.814861/#post-11618869

Great sounding DAC. With the USB reclocker / adapter you can connect the system to a computer to playback your digital files.

After trying several DACs in my system, I ended up using this one for several years until I upgraded to the McIntosh D100. The ESS Sabre chipset is warm, detailed and precise. Strangely enough, I found that the D100 has an ESS Sabre chipset as well so the Yulong compares well.

If you are interested, let's talk. I have cables and maybe we can work a package deal. I'd really like to see this go to a good home as it is an excellent DAC.

Good luck with your search!

Back
Top Bottom